Join for free
caj3
West Midlands, UK
caj3 is female  caj3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2014, 01:48 AM

Help needed choosing a book?

I download audio books and have three in my wish list and must choose one.
I enjoy Crime and Thrillers.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, not necessarily on my list.

1. Ian Rankin - A Question of Blood.

2. Peter May - The Blackhouse.

3. Jonathan Kellerman Over The Edge.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2014, 10:14 AM

Re: Help needed choosing a book?

Sorry can't help you Carolyn , not a genre of books I read.
I guess you have read all the reviews on Amazon....
Munchkin
Scotland
Munchkin is male  Munchkin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2014, 11:06 AM

All three are good Authors, but if it were my choice I would go for Kellerman, I find him a brilliant Author, keeps you guessihng
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2014, 11:35 AM

Of those three authors, I would choose Ian Rankin every time. If you've not read much (or any) Rankin you have the wonderful opportunity to work your way through all the "Rebus" novels from the beginning from "Knots and Crosses" all the way to the latest, "Saints of the Shadow Bible" - brilliant stuff and, as Rebus gets older, a lot of things for we over 50's to empathise with.
caj3
West Midlands, UK
caj3 is female  caj3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2014, 04:47 PM

Thanks MickB.
Have only seen the Tv series featuring "Rebus". Will definitely start at the beginning.

Munchkin, I like an author that keeps me guessing, so it will remain on my wish list.

Meg didn't think to read reviews on Amazon, will give that a go next time I'm stuck for choice

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top