Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 07:37 PM

Athletics World Championships

Are you following it? I've seen quite a bit of the early evening coverage and I'm quite enjoying it.

Have you seen the South African runner over whom there is some question of gender. What a shame. From appearance, voice and performance 'she' appears quite male to me, anyway. I guess there is a medical/genetic problem and she is some sort of hermaphrodite or inter-sex. A pity that whoever advised her to start athletics didn't anticipate this happening if she became prominent. It must be awful for her - she must have been brought up as a girl and now heaven knows what she is; it would be better if it all could be resolved away from the international sports stage
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 08:26 PM

Re: Athletics World Championships

I saw the presenters discussing it today but I haven't seen the runner herself performing.

I feel so sorry for her being thrust into the news media like this and even more bewildered how her coach, advisor or whoever, didn't foresee this doubt in her gender being brought into the limelight. What a shocking thing for a young girl to have to go through at such an important event - or any event, come to that..
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 11:09 PM

Re: Athletics World Championships

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Are you following it? I've seen quite a bit of the early evening coverage and I'm quite enjoying it.

Have you seen the South African runner over whom there is some question of gender. What a shame. From appearance, voice and performance 'she' appears quite male to me, anyway. I guess there is a medical/genetic problem and she is some sort of hermaphrodite or inter-sex. A pity that whoever advised her to start athletics didn't anticipate this happening if she became prominent. It must be awful for her - she must have been brought up as a girl and now heaven knows what she is; it would be better if it all could be resolved away from the international sports stage
Have watched it all and really enjoyed it-I love athletics and what can you say about Usain Bolt except he can certainly run Got to agree with you about the South African runner. 'She' is very mannish and I feel sorry for her. She's certainly been thrust into the limelight-what a dreadful predicament to be in.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top