Join for free
Page 429 of 1676 « First < 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 529 929 1429 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 09:43 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 09:51 PM

I enjoyed reading all those posts folks, thank you all.
We had a merry-go-round exactly like the one in your first picture Fruity, many hours of enjoyment I got on that old thing.

Spitty sends everybody dizzy Sweetie, that’s what he does, he spent too much time on the roundabout as a kid you see.

My youngest grandson (4) was here with me today, I had to look after him while the wife and his mother were shopping. He loves the old fairy Tales and brought a book of them over with him, he’s great at reading them for his age.
I used to love all the old Fairy Tales when I was a kid, it’s amazing how long those tales lasted over the years, and how the children of today still love them.
Since 1812 when their first set of stories were published, the Brothers Grimm’s works went on to become available in 100 languages worldwide, some achievement eh.
One thing I could never figure out about the story of Little Red Riding Hood (not a Grimm story by the way), was how the wolf got into the granny’s clothes before he lay in wait in the bed, the wife suggested he was an ex army officer wolf and he had a batman to help dress him, I don’t buy that.

I found an old book and it’s not very slim
It’s filled with stories by the brothers Grimm
I opened it up and much to my delight
There was the story of little Snow white

She had a little cottage in a forest glen
Happy as Larry with seven little men
Good job nobody told Father O’ Moore
Or she’s be condemned as an out and out whore.

By J.S.Grimm (Jem Seldom Grimm)
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->

now now sweetie pie no cheatin dropping that little wobbily toy in you know it's not real! what are you after extra spinning top points ? - we love spittie too by the way - it's just the noise of that drill that sends us crazy and all our pc's wobble too!

this is wot spittie is really all about in his conservatory!!

ps: he hasn't actually built his conservatory yet!!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
now now sweetie pie no cheatin dropping that little wobbily toy in you know it's not real! what are you after extra spinning top points ? - we love spittie too by the way - it's just the noise of that drill that sends us crazy and all our pc's wobble too!

this is wot spittie is really all about in his conservatory!!

ps: he hasn't actually built his conservatory yet!!
Do we know what he intends to conserve once 'tis built. Do we know what type of drill he has? Is it a common or garden hammer drill, or is it an SDS drill?
It's no good coming here with half a tale as my old dad used to say. We need answers.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Do we know what he intends to conserve once 'tis built. Do we know what type of drill he has? Is it a common or garden hammer drill, or is it an SDS drill?
It's no good coming here with half a tale as my old dad used to say. We need answers.
I have both types Chuck, and Chuck lass, the Conservatory has been fully erect for about 5 years, the project is to extend it, and change it's use to a Kitchen, the age old problem being cash and time. You need to earn cash to pay for it = work, whilst working you have little time.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I have both types Chuck, and Chuck lass, the Conservatory has been fully erect for about 5 years, the project is to extend it, and change it's use to a Kitchen, the ago old problem being cash and time. You need to earn cash to pay for it = work, whilst working you have little time.
You will get there Spitty.
Are we allowed a pic?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
You will get there Spitty.
Are we allowed a pic?
I will take a Pic when I break concrete.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

11-01-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I will take a Pic when I break concrete.
You don't know Hatton Garden, do you?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 02:51 PM

“I will take a Pic when I break concrete”
Try eating sand and cement and you’ll be breaking concrete in no time.

I have a grump to make about a box of ‘Celebration’ chocs I got as a small present. The sweets are all individually wrapped as you know, but now some bright spark has come up with a new idea, with the old wrapper you just had to twist the two ends of the wrapper and out came the sweet, one slick quick move, one could twist the night away to ones content, then you got rid of the coverings all in one piece.
Now some gobshite decided that there should be a cut in the centre of the wrapper, so when you go to twist it it won’t twist anymore, so you peel back the split and the paper tears and tiny bits of wrapper peel off, you have bits of paper everywhere, and then you still have to pull out the sweet, several awkward moves and lots to tidy up, how thick can one get? whatever happened to leaving well enough alone? I’m disgusted, I really couldn’t believe they could do this silly thing.
The whole world is going backwards I tell you.
Well as far as I’m concerned they can stick their Celebration where the monkey stuck his nuts.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 03:52 PM

.....and WHILE we're doing 'Grumpy Corner',which only long-suffering adults may enter,I'd like to mention my effing boiler. Right [thanks for readin' this,you LUVVLY persn,you!] yesterday -10th]-the 'excpert' came out. He examined the boiler closely,[SO glad I removed my ''Heath Robinson'' running-gear yesterday] VERY closely...then used a laser [yep,21st Sentry's hear] to measure each room,then made a complex series of equations on his iPad...and got REALLY snotty when I pointed out two mathematical incongruities he'd made...the 'expert' had btu units mixed up/confused with with bta units-so if he'd recommended a 2.9psi it'd not flow and if he'd gone for the 3.6,it'd blow the converter in being activated....but wasd he pleasded to be corrected? Wasd he FUennyway,I got onto my MP afgain today,whos also suffering nightmartes because I'm in his constituency so he might have to come onto this island....this remote island....where lurks - the axe-swinging PUG...MWAHAHAHAHAHAAA.....er...ahem...I say-got carried away for a mo-DO so apologise - anyway,the woman-type lady-female on the end of the line at the dept from which this 'expert' [oh,DON'T start me laughing again....he was a TOTAL prat,with ZERO understanding of convert-restrictive mathematics...the IDEAL person to decide what pressure,psi,btu and rotational-flow rtf the boiler should be operating at...MWAHAHAA]oops-sorry...azzi was saying-just now spoke again with my MP...he's TOTES pissed-off with me/the scheme/the muppets making cash out of it without doing anything/the spuds that arrive at peoples homes to drink tea and make promises they have no intention of keeping-and me. GOOD! Now EARN your £144.000 per annum,you fat pr1ck! Yknow what?...https://s20.postimg.org/jjksp7ikt/****_IT.jpg
[done it this way soze not to upset sensitive personas,such as Sweetikins,gummybear-and of course,our very own JEMBOREE bag! YAAY!] ... anyone here remember Jamboree bags,perchance?...

Page 429 of 1676 « First < 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 529 929 1429 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top