Join for free
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 05:25 PM

Walked my feet off at a book fair

really I must have walked miles up and down through culture , childrens books, puzzle books for DD and those big coffee table books with the stunning photos ..

I was looking for a couple of novels to complete a set and a book or two on medical issues..

My luck was not with me today and after all that walking and looking at thousand apon thousand of books I came away with 3 novels that look ok..

At home I was just whiling away a bit of time with a cuppa and resting my feet when I tried my luck on a second hand site . There for pennies is the medical book I was chasing and a little further down the page were two of the novels that were on my list.
Ive just emailed the sellers and those books are now mine and will be with me by monday..

I bet my feet would love it if all books were this easy to find!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 05:32 PM

Re: Walked my feet off at a book fair

Still, it was a day out Cass . It's amazing what you can find online.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 05:32 PM

We've got a Book Barn nearby which boasts a million books (or more).
It's so big you could get lost in it for days! I seldom find what I'm looking for but always come out with something interesting!
Luckily they have a cafe!
Well done Cass, I would try searching online but you don't get that lovely smell do you?
Put your feet up now with a good book!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 11:08 PM

On the bright side I suppose it was a good long walk which has got to be healthy...

As for the book smell I only have to go up to my loft which houses all my books to get my book smell fix.. I know some people dont like second hand books but I really dont mind and the cost of some non-fiction books is eye watering so second hand really is the only option.

I hope the book is as good as the reviews say it is or else it will be back on the second hand site pronto!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 09:30 AM

I love looking at books, and would probably be in heaven at a fair. Mine are more new, though, and usually in paperback.

Yes, the internet is a good place to get them, but I agree with Cass...there's nothing more pleasurable than holding a physical book in the hands.

Hope you enjoy them.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top