Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 08:21 PM

Why Not A&E?

I think this probably needs to go in general health.I cannot understand why the little girl who died from an asthma attack wasnt taken to A&E ,it seems she was ill coming home from school and a Dr refused to see her because she was late for appt.,so why did her parents not go to A&E she was put to bed but got worse and died later..Asthma sufferers are given a plan programme,Mine is to increase my inhaler to ten times ,then, if no better ,ring for an ambulance.my friends daughter and her 3 children,all asthma sufferers, have similar plans
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 08:30 PM

Re: Why Not A&E?

It seems awful Deylon, but I doubt we know all the facts.
Greenhorn
England
Greenhorn is male  Greenhorn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It seems awful Deylon, but I doubt we know all the facts.
True, my first reaction was to blame the GP for not seeing the girl, but we only hear the bits that are deemed necessary for us to know ...

Whatever all the facts were, still a tragic situation.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 09:52 PM

The GP and I was also reading another member of staff were disciplined privately. I also heard on radio an ambulance was refused. That seems very odd to me. Something went on there we haven't got all the information about.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Greenhorn ->
True, my first reaction was to blame the GP for not seeing the girl, but we only hear the bits that are deemed necessary for us to know ...

Whatever all the facts were, still a tragic situation.

I agree Greenhorn.

Some while back when I had a GP appt. the road was closed for some reason, and I had to turn back and find another route.
This made me about 7 mins. late gor my appt. and the buggers wouldn't see me, even though I explained what had happened.
I think they overlook that they frequently keep patients waiting a great deal longer than that!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 12:18 AM

I think it's tragic what happened to this poor child and as been said we don't know all of the circumstances.

But to be fair, there is a list up each month in my GP's saying how many missed appointments in the previous month and the figures are disgusting. It only takes a moment to ring and cancel if you no longer need the appointment and then someone else could be allocated that appointment.

The doctors have to work to a maximum of ten minutes per patient, if a patient is late the the doctor will see the next patient and that may happen more than once in a day.
It follows that the patient who is late should then go to the end of the queue than make all other patients wait.

My dentist has a policy of, miss two appointments and your'e struck off the register.

I know that some times you get unavoidably delayed but in the age of instant communication it cost nothing to ring ahead and explain.

My hairdresser and his clients suffer at the hands of people turning up for appointments late too. And it's infuriating.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I think this probably needs to go in general health.I cannot understand why the little girl who died from an asthma attack wasnt taken to A&E ,it seems she was ill coming home from school and a Dr refused to see her because she was late for appt.,so why did her parents not go to A&E she was put to bed but got worse and died later..Asthma sufferers are given a plan programme,Mine is to increase my inhaler to ten times ,then, if no better ,ring for an ambulance.my friends daughter and her 3 children,all asthma sufferers, have similar plans
I blame the parents definitely not the GP.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I blame the parents definitely not the GP.
Harsh
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by SallyS ->
Harsh
I don't think so, GPs are overstretched as it is, so it is right not to see patients who are late. The stupid parents should have taken the child straight to A&E, and not hung around, their poor child's sad death is entirely down to them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree Greenhorn.

Some while back when I had a GP appt. the road was closed for some reason, and I had to turn back and find another route.
This made me about 7 mins. late gor my appt. and the buggers wouldn't see me, even though I explained what had happened.
I think they overlook that they frequently keep patients waiting a great deal longer than that!
Mups the same thing happened to me some years back and I was told off by a snotty young doctor young enough to be my son even though his previous patient had only just come out and there were was no one else waiting .
I then told him off and he backed down and apologised .
I was disgusted by this attitude but my son said they are not used to dealing with people like you .ie people who are not intimidated by the title Dr .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top