Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 09:42 AM

Re: Why Not A&E?

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I don't think so, GPs are overstretched as it is, so it is right not to see patients who are late. The stupid parents should have taken the child straight to A&E, and not hung around, their poor child's sad death is entirely down to them.
I don't think everything is so black and white, yet it does seem like an avoidable tragedy, poor girl.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I don't think everything is so black and white, yet it does seem like an avoidable tragedy, poor girl.
It is no wonder GPs are leaving the profession in droves. I have quite a number of medics in my family, surgeons, GPs and nurses, so I understand how hard it can be for them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:10 AM

I don t think they are leaving the profession in droves .
GPs get paid very well indeed.
Their life is pretty good actually and they have the added bonus of job satisfaction .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:11 AM

I think the GP should have seen the little girl. At our surgery if you are late they make you wait until the end of the session, but they still see you. But if she was so ill and suffered from a serious breathing condition the mum should have always gone to A&E straight away. There's only so much a GP can do in an emergency situation.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Their life is pretty good actually and they have the added bonus of job satisfaction .
They are leaving in droves. Mainly retiring early and new GPs aren't coming on board fast enough. All the GPs in my surgery look far more stressed and older in the last couple of years. Some are only there once or twice a month now.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I don't think so, GPs are overstretched as it is, so it is right not to see patients who are late. The stupid parents should have taken the child straight to A&E, and not hung around, their poor child's sad death is entirely down to them.

Even harsher, have you no compassion for the parents?

I suppose you are perfect.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Exactly, nothing is black and white. Condemning the parents is a dreadful thing to do.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
According to the news it is hard to get GPs these days, and surgeries are closing, quite a few have closed in our area. They don't get paid that well for the job they do, which can be very onerous.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by SallyS ->
Harsh
Very because somehow I doubt the GP and staff member would have been disciplined if it were actually black and white. I would need to know why this happened before condemning them.

When Grace had an ITA as we walked past the surgery here we didn't even have an appointment, we carried her into the waiting room and a GP rushed out to see her. No messy called an ambulance and sat with us until it arrived. He was brilliant and the patient left in his room all that time was more worried about Grace than being kept waiting.

That's how a caring GP and patients behave IMO
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

28-02-2018, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by SallyS ->
Even harsher, have you no compassion for the parents?

I suppose you are perfect.
Of course I am not perfect, I am the first to admit that. In this instance the parents were at fault, imo.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top