Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:06 PM

Smoke or not?

There is less and less people smoking these days, which is great, but the trouble is that a lot of smokers have absolutely no consideration for anybody.

In the last few days I have seen two different people standing in doorways, smoking......... they seem to think, that means they are outdoors, but in each case they were actually blowing their smoke back in through the open doorways.

It's nice to be able to go to a restaurant or pub and not have to put up with anyone's smoke.

Given that the vast majority of smokers never showed the slightest consideration for non smokers' feelings in the past, now the shoe is on the other foot I'm not really too bothered about the comfort of smokers.

They have the same options we had, put up with it or don't go to the restaurant or pub.

I know a lady up the street, whose husband still smokes......he is in and out of that house, lighing up....and she is at the door bugging him to come back in....

Do you have to put up with anyone's smoke? Or do you still smoke and how do you handle that in your home. Do you smoke outside?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:14 PM

Re: Smoke or not?

No .. I don't have to put up with anyone else's smoke.
I inhale my own.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
There is less and less people smoking these days, which is great, but the trouble is that a lot of smokers have absolutely no consideration for anybody.

In the last few days I have seen two different people standing in doorways, smoking......... they seem to think, that means they are outdoors, but in each case they were actually blowing their smoke back in through the open doorways.

It's nice to be able to go to a restaurant or pub and not have to put up with anyone's smoke.

Given that the vast majority of smokers never showed the slightest consideration for non smokers' feelings in the past, now the shoe is on the other foot I'm not really too bothered about the comfort of smokers.

They have the same options we had, put up with it or don't go to the restaurant or pub.

I know a lady up the street, whose husband still smokes......he is in and out of that house, lighing up....and she is at the door bugging him to come back in....

Do you have to put up with anyone's smoke? Or do you still smoke and how do you handle that in your home. Do you smoke outside?

I am an ex smoker, I gave up twenty five years ago. Now because of serious lung problems, I cannot be anywhere near a smoker without coughimg my lungs up.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:23 PM

I too am an ex smoker. I quite when I was 29 years old and just pregnant with my daughter. She'll be 48 this year...and neither her nor her brother nor their father have ever smoked.

I've never had to put up with anyone else's smoke but my own...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
No .. I don't have to put up with anyone else's smoke.
I inhale my own.
So do I.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 11:40 PM

I do not allow anyone to smoke in my home - what they do in their own is their business.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 11:54 PM

It took me years to be able to tolerate passive smoking. I gave up nearly 16 years ago. My throat and chest were hypersensitive to any hint of smoking and I had constant coughs and sinusitis for about 2 years. The smoking ban was so welcome. These days I see hardly anyone smoking. The ban and hike in prices has put so many off. It's no longer so glamorous.
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 11:56 PM

My wife and myself have never smoked, so it is much better for us now when we eat out, not to have to put up with other peoples cigarette smoke in restaurants...
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 07:21 AM

I gave up smoking about 10 years ago but my wife smokes and not in the house. It was -13° the other night when she was out on the balcony smoking. She's a slave to her habit.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 07:39 AM

Just to be pedantic and because it irks me, the correct way of saying this is fewer and fewer smokers not less and less.

People who smoke at bus stops annoy me - it is against the law yet they persist (some of them, anyway; there still are some considerate smokers).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top