Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 12:50 AM

Re: Lack of respect for other people's opinion

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Hee..hee Floydy ...

Should have put the last sentence first. I love your humour.

Psst ... you were kidding? Right?
No not really Morti....
Anyway I'm just grumpy tonight 'cos I'm at work after travelling eight bloody miles at 20mph to get here.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 12:53 AM

Then you're allowed to be grumpy.
Is that red tongue all frostbitten ...it looks sore.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Then you're allowed to be grumpy.
Is that red tongue all frostbitten ...it looks sore.
It this cold weather keeps up it won't be the only thing that's got frostbite
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 06:19 AM

I have had my mind changed here, I think I do listen to other people's opinions and I am willing to reconsider. I usually don't repeat myself at least I hope l don't.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yeah my pet hate.
1. The self-righteous brigade; know-it-alls.
2. The narcissists who don't listen to anyone else's conversation.
3. The ones who interrupt when you're in the middle of putting your point across.
4. The ignorant folk who ignore you and raise their voice to drown you out.

I hope I'm the type who actually listens to what people have to say before putting in my tuppence woth!
I agree completely with the above: I had to recently drop an online friend with whom I was in touch via Whatsapp phone calls. It got to the point where everything she said was about herself, me, myself or I this and I that. It was as though I didn't exist. Then, as if suddenly aware that I was listening she would change tack and ask how I was but I could tell she didn't really care, even though I was in a hospital ward with cancer.

I confronted her, telling her that her complaints were getting on my nerves and her self absorption was constant, never varying but constant. On our next call she started with the me, me, me diatribe and I promptly informed her that she would be better off telling people - perhaps in a group situation - of her issues. I can't say I miss her one bit; it was such a relief to delete the app and have her outside my life.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:21 AM

Stay away from the apps Ffosse, a sure route to apatheism.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Stay away from the apps Ffosse, a sure route to apatheism.
Oh, I do now..
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
When you are in a discussion with some one and they don't really listen to your point of view and just keep repeating and rambling their side, doesn't it bug you?

I have a friend "who is always right". Doesn't matter who she is talking to, she always raises her voice a little louder than theirs to emphasize a point.

Some people don't want to debate they just love the "arguing"

I am trying to learn to "agree to disagree"..it is hard for anyone to change their ways...we are who we are....
I have a lack of respect for racists, sexists, anti-gays and those whose religion is toxic, like extreme Christians and Muslims.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

01-03-2018, 09:42 AM

Well, that's healthy, tarantula.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have a lack of respect for racists, sexists, anti-gays and those whose religion is toxic, like extreme Christians and Muslims.
You can't dislike all people who have different opinions to you, some may have good reason for thinking they way they do! Isn't that what discussion is for, trying to hear why others view things differently to you?
We sometimes believe that we are right, but listening to somebody with opposing views may help you see things from a different perspective. You may not agree with them, but this action does help us to have less rigid views and prevent us from becoming bigoted.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top