Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 09:57 AM

Re: Lack of respect for other people's opinion

I'm a bit stubborn I know but I do listen to well reasoned posts and have actually changed my mind on several occasions. I know I'm not always right but I will say my opinion whether others like it or not because who knows there may be someone like me reading who can change their mind too.

I respect most posters it's unkindness I can't respect and for me you can be as "ist" as you like in your mind as long as you aren't transferring that into unkind actions. Your thoughts are your own not for anyone else to judge.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You can't dislike all people who have different opinions to you, some may have good reason for thinking they way they do! Isn't that what discussion is for, trying to hear why others view things differently to you?
We sometimes believe that we are right, but listening to somebody with opposing views may help you see things from a different perspective. You may not agree with them, but this action does help us to have less rigid views and prevent us from becoming bigoted.
I can dislike, and do, those whom I have mentioned.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You can't dislike all people who have different opinions to you, some may have good reason for thinking they way they do! Isn't that what discussion is for, trying to hear why others view things differently to you?
We sometimes believe that we are right, but listening to somebody with opposing views may help you see things from a different perspective. You may not agree with them, but this action does help us to have less rigid views and prevent us from becoming bigoted.
Very good reply.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I can dislike, and do, those whom I have mentioned.
Then I must assume that you only use a forum to tell people what you think, rather than discuss the topic to see how others think.
Is it any surprise that people often dislike your posts, and wonder why you want to be on a discussion forum?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 10:27 AM

You do come across as a bit rigid at times, tarantula.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 10:38 AM

I do get annoyed when people talk over me or bang on and on and on about the same thing all the time. I mostly avoid those situations.

I'm quite willing to voice my point of view but don't attempt to ever change anyone's mind about anything.

I don't judge people by their opinions either, it is what it is.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 10:47 AM

I end up being quiet when I'm surrounded by people with strong opinions, it's just not worth the effort. Have to admit I stood my ground more when I was younger and I still do but only if it really matters.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
You do come across as a bit rigid at times, tarantula.
I am what I am, take me or leave me, it matters not.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I end up being quiet when I'm surrounded by people with strong opinions, it's just not worth the effort. Have to admit I stood my ground more when I was younger and I still do but only if it really matters.
I find it rarely matters a hoot.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by SallyS ->
I find it rarely matters a hoot.
Probably right Sally

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top