Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 10:49 AM

Re: Neighbours and barking dogs

Buy a recording of an angry rotweiller and play it at full volume every time it yaps.
Should do the trick.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Buy a recording of an angry rotweiller and play it at full volume every time it yaps.
Should do the trick.
Ha ha! Love it
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:00 AM

That's the way fueds start, my neighbour bangs and calls and plays loud music and barking trying to provoke my dogs. It's pathetic way to carry on IMO
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Should do the trick.
Hi

Spot on.

Barking dogs are the bane of life to EHOs throughout the Country.

I very politely asked my neighbours to deal with theirs.

It barks constantly when they are working, and they arrive home from work at 3 am.

Once is happenstance, twice is circumstance, the third time is Enemy Action.

They ignored my requests.

The Law Changes at 7am, so at 7.01 am I put my directional speakers on at full blast.

That solved it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's the way fueds start, my neighbour bangs and calls and plays loud music and barking trying to provoke my dogs. It's pathetic way to carry on IMO
Yes, probably right Julie.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:07 AM

Why in goodness name people get a dog to leave it alone all day always beats me.
Tell you neighbours that it's an annoyance suggest they might leave it with a bone or better still send it to doggy day care to give you a respite .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:08 AM

complain to the environmental health of your local council. They will visit them about the complaint but are not allowed to say who is the complaining party
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
complain to the environmental health of your local council. They will visit them about the complaint but are not allowed to say who is the complaining party
Unless like us they accidentally send the letter to the wrong party. Any suspicion we had was immediately confirmed by that little mistake.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:29 AM

Talk to your neighbours first Floydy, and give them a chance to put it right, though if they are at work, I don't see how they can stop it. The dog is lonely.

When I had a problem with a neighbour, the first thing the council asked me was had I spoken to the neighbour first.
Next they asked me to keep a diary of times and dates, and how long it went on for each time.
It was not until after that had all been completed that the council finally came out and fitted a recording device in my bedroom.

I don't know the situation with your neighbours. Is the dog left all day?
If so, as Muddy says, why get a dog if you're not even there to enjoy it?

Trouble is, because the dog is alone, no one is there to correct the behaviour and teach it not to, and so it carry's on. Bit like a child doing something bad all day and no one there to stop them, so they never learn it is wrong.
Totally pointless (and cruel) to tell it off later.

I think I would ask them if they are aware what happens when they have gone out, they probably aren't.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 12:08 PM

Ask your neighbours if you can borrow the dog for one night, and tie it up in your back garden......See how they like it.....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top