Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 06:52 AM

Good morning Thursday

Good morning all, a blizzard here at the moment with a temp of -5°c with no signs of improvement yet.....

Absolutely no plans other than trying to clear a path from the back door, and if the snow eases walk the dogs down the lane. Beef stew and dumplings for lunch with crusty french bread so we won't starve.

Take care today folks, and make the best of your day.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 07:02 AM

Re: Good morning Thursday

Good morning all.

Blizzard conditions here too but it's that fine snow and it's not laying very deep, it will look lovely here later when it gets light, not so lovely if you are trying to get to work though
Ain't it grand being retired.

Have a good day everyone.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 07:04 AM

Good Morning all,

Cold, dark, and icy here this morning. Not venturing out anywhere at all. It looks very pretty though.

Stay safe and warm everyone.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 07:33 AM

Cold and dark here - temp -2.8c very unusual to get such temperatures under cloudy skies at this time of year. That's been around 36 hours of sub-zero temperatures now if not more.

I must visit the hospital today, but that's not until 11. Determined not to slip.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 07:46 AM

You were first by 12 minutes Barry, so I'll post in your thread. Apologies to Silver Tabby

No plans at all today. The boiler has broken down during the night so I'll have to get it fixed pronto if possible.

Have a warm day all!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 07:48 AM

Ah, so people are up - Hope you all enjoy this cold St. David's Day.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

01-03-2018, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Good morning all, a blizzard here at the moment with a temp of -5°c with no signs of improvement yet.....

Absolutely no plans other than trying to clear a path from the back door, and if the snow eases walk the dogs down the lane. Beef stew and dumplings for lunch with crusty french bread so we won't starve.

Take care today folks, and make the best of your day.
Your lunch sounds good to me.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:15 AM

Happy St. David's! Wonder if anyone can see daffodils in this weather.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:16 AM

It's snowing on & off, and sticking.
Tied a thermometer to the washing line post about 06 - 45, and it's -6 C outside

I'm well stocked with food & whisky so I'll probably spend the day indoors
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:19 AM

I can't remember another St. David's this cold (except in Germany) but then most of the winter was mild. Wonder how long it'll last. Glad I don't need to go out. But I might, just for a reccy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top