Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:22 AM

Re: Good morning Thursday

Yes, it's an unusually brutal cold and snowfall for the 1st of March.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:28 AM

1982 it went on quite a long time. And before that 1963. But both of those started earlier.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:31 AM

Morning all.

Its not snowing at the moment, but its still quite thick here. Got to go out this morning to pick up my medication and buy a pair of slipper for my Husband as he will be going into Hospital soon.

Take care if you are going out.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:32 AM

Good morning,

It's still bitterly cold here (-10°) and the east wind is still with us. On the positive side it's going to get warmer in the next couple of days.

There won't be much happening here today apart from making sure the heating's working.

Floydy I hope you can find someone quickly to fix your boiler.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:50 AM

Weather reports are saying that nobody should travel today, unless they have to, especially with storm Emma expected later
Try to stay safe and warm everybody, they are suggesting that things may improve after the weekend.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 09:12 AM

Can anyone advise, please?

I've just been out to empty my bins and the snow on the ground is so thick - there are no buses running in Edinburgh today so I don't know how I could possibly get down to the hospital for my bone marrow procedure.

Do I just advise the hospital or my clinical nurse? My chemo starts on Tuesday and I'm sure they'll want the bone marrrow before then. I don't quite know what to do and it's set me panicking a bit. Taxis couldn't run in this weather, either, not unless they were doing around 10 miles an hour.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 09:27 AM

FFOSSE

I suggest you contact the hospital or your nurse asap, and they should advise you

There is a network on volunteer 4x4 drivers to help with this sort of thing; they probably have some 4x4/Land Rover ambulances themselves, and may also be able to call in the army or mountain rescue teams
Unfortunately they'll all be busy, but hopefully they'll be able to sort out something.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

01-03-2018, 09:28 AM

Problem solved, thank goodness - they phoned me and, realising that there is no bus service, my bone marrow will be taken next week - that's assuming the roads clear up - surely they must do by then.

So, I've got a day off from hospital appointments.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Can anyone advise, please?

I've just been out to empty my bins and the snow on the ground is so thick - there are no buses running in Edinburgh today so I don't know how I could possibly get down to the hospital for my bone marrow procedure.

Do I just advise the hospital or my clinical nurse? My chemo starts on Tuesday and I'm sure they'll want the bone marrrow before then. I don't quite know what to do and it's set me panicking a bit. Taxis couldn't run in this weather, either, not unless they were doing around 10 miles an hour.
I am sure many won't get to hospital appointments today, so I would phone the hospital (maybe try to speak to your consultants secretary) and explain the situation. They will know whether your bone marrow is essential, before they can start the chemo.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

01-03-2018, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
FFOSSE

I suggest you contact the hospital or your nurse asap, and they should advise you

There is a network on volunteer 4x4 drivers to help with this sort of thing; they probably have some 4x4/Land Rover ambulances themselves, and may also be able to call in the army or mountain rescue teams
Unfortunately they'll all be busy, but hopefully they'll be able to sort out something.
Thanks, I was panicking, but no need now - it's just that I have so many different appointments and I had planned them well. But I've never seen snow that thick or heavy in March before - no wonder the buses aren't running. I feel bad now for anyone who needs an ambulance.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top