Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:52 PM

Re: My Heating, an update.

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Mine's the same boiler Art.
This could be very useful, many thanks. It's my last night shift tonight of the week and tomorrow afternoon I'll get cracking with the boiler.
Floydy, lt seems lots of people on Facebook are suffering the same thing with a frozen condensate pipe.
Here is a YouTube clip that you might find useful...

https://youtu.be/FDJ1lhTvEgU
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:57 AM

Strangely enough, I had a phone call from my son tonight, and he was telling me exactly the same.
Apparently loads of Combi boilers are stopping because of that frozen pipe outside.

That's a good, clear video Art.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:01 AM

Swimfeeders, that's great news your way.

Crossing fingers and toes that you all resolve your boiler problems and can stay warm through this chill.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:11 AM

We have a condensing boiler but the pipe outside was insulated when fitted. I have a colleague at work who has the same system (and the problem described) but the pipe is exposed. I didn't think much of the insulation as it looks like polystyrene but seems to do the trick.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Floydy, lt seems lots of people on Facebook are suffering the same thing with a frozen condensate pipe.
Here is a YouTube clip that you might find useful...

https://youtu.be/FDJ1lhTvEgU
It was helpful thanks Art. I didn't think of using a watering can for the hard to reach pipe so I don't need to stretch too much. It's going to be fun and games later on today!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top