Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 10:07 AM

People who put their feet up on the opposite seats at the back of the bus

..this annoys me no end as there are signs urging people not to do this, and if you examine those seats they are always more worn down than the regular ones.

It's usually the young who do this, absorbed in their phones.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 10:14 AM

Re: People who put their feet up on the opposite seats at the back of the bus

It's really inconsiderate but I guess these days it's more dangerous to say something.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 10:17 AM

Bit rude really but I can remember doing it when I was at school, I don't think when you are young you really worry about things like that. They call it growing up for a reason.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:17 AM

They do it on trains and tubes and I just glare at them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:26 AM

They need a good smack on the legs .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:30 AM

I wouldn't know, I can't remember when I last used a bus.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:33 AM

Yes, it is very annoying.

This is a prime example of how (usually) young people don't give a toss because they realise that nothing will be done.

They know all about their rights, but have no concept of responsibility.

Can anything be done about this?

I fear not. Do-gooders and snowflakes rule these days, and the authorities are afraid to oppose their wishes. Others, like most judges it appears, are probably more incompetent than anything else. Ineffective sentences are handed down, which are laughed at once the perpetrators are out of court.

I think it is perfectly clear where this country is heading.

I just wonder how long it will be before the irresponsible outnumber the responsible.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, it is very annoying.

This is a prime example of how (usually) young people don't give a toss because they realise that nothing will be done.

They know all about their rights, but have no concept of responsibility.

Can anything be done about this?

I fear not. Do-gooders and snowflakes rule these days, and the authorities are afraid to oppose their wishes. Others, like most judges it appears, are probably more incompetent than anything else. Ineffective sentences are handed down, which are laughed at once the perpetrators are out of court.

I think it is perfectly clear where this country is heading.

I just wonder how long it will be before the irresponsible outnumber the responsible.
I trust we'll be gone by then (it is to be hoped).
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I trust we'll be gone by then (it is to be hoped).
I think you're right.

We older ones are, in that respect, fortunate.

We were brought up in the days when the vast majority of people were responsible and, consequently, we tend to behave ourselves.

The so-called 'millennials' are rather more likely to have an irresponsible 'I'm all right, Jack' mentality and, worse, that attitude seems to be becoming more prevalent as time goes on.

Those young people are too stupid to see what sort of future they are creating for themselves.

Perhaps when the reality of the situation hits them, they may realise their mistakes. After all, they do say that as we grow older we learn through experience.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

02-03-2018, 11:48 AM

It's the lack of manners which gets me the most; not all the young are the same but you're right: there does seem to be this "I'm OK" attitude creeping in.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top