Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:50 AM

Re: People who put their feet up on the opposite seats at the back of the bus

Feet belong on the floor. The other thing that gets me is when mothers put their toddlers with muddy, wet shoes, to stand on the seat beside them so they can look out the window.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:57 AM

About 4 years ago, I was at the Cinema with my neighbour and some Teenagers about 18 years old had their feet up on the back on the chairs and my neighbour told them to put their feet down, they gave us a dirty look but they did.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
About 4 years ago, I was at the Cinema with my neighbour and some Teenagers about 18 years old had their feet up on the back on the chairs and my neighbour told them to put their feet down, they gave us a dirty look but they did.
And these people have the vote!

Perhaps there's an argument to support raising the voting age to 21?

Perhaps we could even consider the introduction of a 'common sense' test before permitting voting! Before I am shot down in flames, this would not test intelligence, money or class, but simply whether we have the sense to understand how to behave responsibly.

The upshot would be that the Loony Party would lose the vast majority of its support!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:15 PM

16 year-olds having the vote is too young in my opinion. At the Scottish elections you could see them all in their school uniforms lining up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:20 PM

I haven't been on a bus for like a billion years but I can't remember ever doing it myself. Maybe we should all carry a bottle of ladies perfume and spray their shoes so they smell nice - Brut for the young ladies.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:24 PM

Some 16 year olds are mature enough to have a vote, but many are not. However, a lot of adults haven't much of a clue either. I suspect many didn't understand the issues surrounding Brexit. I spoke to one or two people who admitted they didn't know what it was all about, but voted to leave because their family, friends or neighbours were voting that way!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:27 PM

Werent we all once young, carefree, silly, irresponsible, immortal...I know I was and it felt wonderful!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Werent we all once young, carefree, silly, irresponsible, immortal...I know I was and it felt wonderful!
I was never carefree, I did some crazy things and still do, but I had to take my responsibilities very seriously. I was married at 19 and a mother at 20.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:38 PM

Sshhh! Ruthio. That's different.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:40 PM

Aye,and not all of Us turned into moaning,whinging,complaining auld gits who have nothing good to say about the younger generation ...must be the rotten weather..or something

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top