Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 11:49 AM

Re: 76 people overdose in connecticut today

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
This synthetic marijuana isn’t illegal. This wouldn’t have happened if they’d taken the real stuff. It’s not a good idea for kids to use since their minds are still young & developing but kids are known for experimenting and doing silly things.

That is no excuse for taking it!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
That is no excuse for taking it!
Did you never make any mistakes when you were a child?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Did you never make any mistakes when you were a child?
And I got thrashed for stepping out of line. I found a live grenade in the attic when I was ten and was discovered kicking it around like a football, as I had no idea what it was. I had one of the worst thrashings of my life for that escapade.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 12:18 PM

And I got thrashed for stepping out of line. I found a live grenade in the attic when I was ten and was discovered kicking it around like a football, as I had no idea what it was. I had one of the worst thrashings of my life for that escapade.
It’s a shame that you didn’t have compassionate parents who taught you things in a loving and compassionate way. To abuse you for something you had no way of knowing is NOT considered good parenting skills. Maybe this is why you don’t feel compassionate about certain things. Maybe it was bashed out of you and if this IS the case, then that’s very sad and I apologize for picking on you.

This is sad
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 12:21 PM

Much better to have explained the dangers to a kid, than to beat the living daylights of it for her not understanding.

Good job that wasn't nowadays, the parent would have been in big trouble.

However, I will not pursue this as it is off topic.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 12:25 PM

Why the hell would someone keep a live hand grenade where it could be found by a child? This is the same situation as children in America accidentally killing parents or siblings with a loaded gun. Irresponsible parenting.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 12:49 PM

If I had ever taken an illegal drug my father would have thrashed the living daylights out of me. His favourite expression was, "I would sooner see you up in the churchyard than turn out bad", and he meant it.
Well these days that would have put your father in prison.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 01:07 PM

do you get this tarantula - they are blaming your parents not you for the live grenade ??
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 01:11 PM

I suppose with the wide range of people we have on this forum, some will have had either a child or a grandchild who are drug addicts

Its a shame.

But they should still ask themselves if they could have taught them a lot better about drugs and the dangers when they were younger.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

16-08-2018, 01:15 PM

I don’t do any illegal drugs nor do I drink but it certainly wasn’t from my parents outstanding parenting skills.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top