Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 01:46 PM

Re: American baskets

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I've never heard of it either but it sounds a nice friendly to do.
I doubt it would have gone down well with a young couple who moved into the house next door to us 3 months ago. They appear not to want to have anything to do with the neighbours, and disappear inside if anyone says hello to them, which is a bit weird.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 01:48 PM

I think it is a lovely idea! Just imagine that you have been up early, got to your new house, had to sort things out & haven't got anything ready for dinner!
How nice to open a hamper with some tasty things to nibble and a bottle of wine.... which you may have to drink out of the first cups you can find ..... What a lovely way to welcome you!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I doubt it would have gone down well with a young couple who moved into the house next door to us 3 months ago. They appear not to want to have anything to do with the neighbours, and disappear inside if anyone says hello to them, which is a bit weird.
You need to leave the 'scream' mask off when you say hello

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You need to leave the 'scream' mask off when you say hello

I never thought of that. I better tell my other neighbours to remove theirs as well.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
You might have to PM the Americans Longlegs.
I have received similar gifts of welcome from my neighbours.
The trouble is they always give me red wine. I have a cupboard full!
My dear wife thinks it may still happen in some areas.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 02:21 PM

When I left my last house I left some milk and a basket of fruit for the new owners in the spotless kitchen along with a list of details and phone numbers for the dentist/doctor/vet /bakery farm shop etc and didn't even get a thank you.

I arrived at this house which had been empty for some time and was cold, dusty and full of cobwebs. No niceties awaited me
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
When I left my last house I left some milk and a basket of fruit for the new owners in the spotless kitchen along with a list of details and phone numbers for the dentist/doctor/vet /bakery farm shop etc and didn't even get a thank you.

I arrived at this house which had been empty for some time and was cold, dusty and full of cobwebs. No niceties awaited me :-(
Aaah Meg

Yes, I always leave a clean house, fanatical about 'The Last Hoover' before I close the door.

No-ones ever left me anything when I've gone to a my next house either.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 02:35 PM

I arrived at this house which had been empty for some time and was cold, dusty and full of cobwebs. No niceties awaited me
Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Aaah Meg

Yes, I always leave a clean house, fanatical about 'The Last Hoover' before I close the door.

No-ones ever left me anything when I've gone to a my next house either.
Look on the bright side ladies.... you can take us lot with you if you move again.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 02:39 PM

We did the same, a bottle of champagne that we had been given but never drunk but we did get a thank you card from them. I also left a long list of information. I know what you mean though Meg, although we did get a couple of gifts from neighbours, the house itself was filthy in comparison to the one we had left behind.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 03:11 PM

I took round dinner to the new neighbours the day they moved in, they really appreciated it

We arrived here to find a bottle of wine and a welcome to your new home card. A few of the neighbours came to the door to introduce themselves over the coming days, most baring gifts of either food or wine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top