Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 08:50 AM

Human ashes made into jewellery

I was reading that human ashes can be made jewellery, what an interesting idea. I will tell my husband that when he kicks the bucket that is what I will do with his, he might as well be of use after death.

Mind you, if mine were used they would jewels beyond price which only a Trillionaire could afford as I am so exceptional.

I await the sarky comments!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 09:01 AM

Re: Human ashes made into jewellery

I think its a lovely idea to have a piece of jewellery made from the ashes of a loved one....a keepsake for all time! can be passed down the family too.
Much nicer imo than an urn with ashes in.
Or have the best of both and have some in an urn and some for a piece of jewellery..
I think we should all consider ourselves to be priceless and worthy of trillions Tara
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

18-08-2018, 09:02 AM

We've agreed that we want our ashes put on a compost heap to enrich the earth.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 09:06 AM

I read about this a year or two ago, Tarantula. Given that we are composed of a lot of carbon - the stuff diamonds are made from - why not? Some of the jewellery looked very good.

People keep ashes in urns - which I find totally bizarre - and in days gone by they made brooches and pendants from the hair of the deceased - making gems from them doesn't seem so strange. It is a mark of respect - albeit a different one - so why not?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 09:11 AM

No thanks I will pass likewise to having anyones ashes in the house.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 10:09 AM

I also read of this some years back and at the time thought "if you had a loved ones ashes made into say a ring stone or pendant..and then lost it...you would surely be heart broken all over again !

So No I will let sleeping ashes lie
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I was reading that human ashes can be made jewellery, what an interesting idea. I will tell my husband that when he kicks the bucket that is what I will do with his, he might as well be of use after death.

Mind you, if mine were used they would jewels beyond price which only a Trillionaire could afford as I am so exceptional.

I await the sarky comments!
A Prince Albert perhaps?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 10:24 AM

I just googled this and some of the jewellery they make is really beautiful crystal. You only need a little of the ashes.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 10:26 AM

Oooh, this has been going on for a long while. I think it's great.

Over the years, I've seen a number of articles with folk wearing their rings, or bracelet charms made out of relatives ashes.

I think it's lovely for them to feel close to their deceased relative/spouse.

My friend had a charm made of her deceased dog ashes.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 10:28 AM

Yes I saw a dog section. It would be a nice way to remember a pet.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top