Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 11:22 AM

Re: Life on Earth

If we were hit again , would we all be shot off the planet and be floating around like butterflies , immagine it billions of us flapping our arms to stay up,

Think im having a silly day
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 11:31 AM

I like the theory that we are all made from stardust - can't just remember who started that one.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 12:33 PM

" We are stardust, we are golden, and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden."
(Woodstock)
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
The ringing sound is The Clangers!
Oh, if only it were!

I love the Clangers!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I like the theory that we are all made from stardust - can't just remember who started that one.
I think several scientists have said that, notably Carl Sagan, "star stuff", but I certainly heard Jim Al Khalili say it, and also Brian Cox, in their respective TV programmes.

Someone else, forget who, said that rather than being stardust, we're more likely to be made of detritus - the sweepings from the factory floor of universe-building!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Yet other studies prove the moon never came from this earth , others claim the earths gravity has never been strong enough to ‘grab’ a passing moon either so ???
In old writings from past civilisations there was no talk of the moon either , as if it hasn’t always been here ?
When the old Apollo mission landed on the moon the seismograph rang like a bell for 20 minutes as if the moon is hollow ... very strange thing our moon
If you've ever read H. G. Wells' First Men in the Moon, that was put forward in the story. The Moon was hollow and was inhabited by `Selenites`, the species that lives on the Moon. The caverns also had an oxygen rich atmosphere, water and edible plant life that allowed the space travellers to survive.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I think several scientists have said that, notably Carl Sagan, "star stuff", but I certainly heard Jim Al Khalili say it, and also Brian Cox, in their respective TV programmes.

Someone else, forget who, said that rather than being stardust, we're more likely to be made of detritus - the sweepings from the factory floor of universe-building!
I always wondered how France was formed.
Pyxell
South of England

25-01-2019, 01:35 PM

With regard to no moon in the sky... maybe it was cloudy all the time?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 03:21 PM

Well if you want scientists

https://youtu.be/kEMCyX226ww
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Well if you want scientists

https://youtu.be/kEMCyX226ww

https://youtu.be/x3s2DjuRyXM

And before the moon

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top