Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 09:02 AM

Re: Could You Become A Nun Or A Monk?

Lucky you. I've lost mine 20 years ago.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 12:47 PM

Couldn't be a monk as I'm not religious, but I must admit that the lifestyle of a monk would suit me, apart from all the praying stuff. But growing crops and eating healthily, perhaps a few chickens, cows [for milk and the odd steak] and pigs [I love my bacon sandwiches] perhaps near the sea for some tasty seafood and as long as I could go out running the life doesn't sound so bad.

Cutting myself off from the world with no news [especially about politics] or people flogging me stuff from morn until night doin' my Ed in, I would like to still be a part of the forum though. At least you can pack up the computer when you've had enough of folk....

Just me and a few mates who never have to speak to each other, and being able to walk around with just a mini robe on with nothing underneath [like the Romans used to wear. Sort of a tabard, or dress....sorry wrong thread! ], so hardly any washing or ironing to do. No money to worry about or gas/electricity bills. when it gets dark....go to bed.

Come to think of it Arty.....Where do I apply?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 01:18 PM

You would be a bit chilly today in your mini tabard.
It's blowing a gale down here and it appears to come from the North Pole.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 04:16 PM

Checks to see if the bad habit joke has been used, page two yes!, leaves thread
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 07:57 PM

Do you want to hear a monk joke?...........

A group of monks are responsible for hand-making new copies of the bible...

The entire monastery is devoted to the task, each day they all wake up and say their prayers before a humble breakfast and then they begin work.

On the anniversary of creating his thousandth copy of the bible since he first joined the monastery two decades ago, brother Gray asks the abbot if he could go and make his next copy using the original in the vault as reference material.

Since they've just been making copies of a copy for centuries and given his dedication to the process and his work so far the abbot agrees and brother Gray descends into the vault where he is given access to the only existing and oldest copy of the bible they have.

Days pass, none of the other monks are particularly concerned as brother Gray was known to be a perfectionist and was recognized among them as one of the best in his craft.
After another week though they become anxious as nobody had really seen him since his descent into the vault, as such the abbot takes it upon himself to check up on him.

As he nears the vault he hears a gutteral sobbing, relentless and distraught. The abbot pushes open the door to the vault to find brother Gray lying face down in a heap on the floor, pages of the bible scattered all around.

He rushes to his side. "Brother, whatever is the matter? We've been so worried about you. What's wrong?".

Brother Gray pushes himself upright, wipes away the tears from his eyes and grabs the abbot by the collar. "The word was 'Celebrate'!"
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 08:09 PM

@ Pyxell
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 08:10 PM

2 nuns in the bath.

Nun 1 says "where's the soap?"
Nun 2 says "Yes it does, doesn't it sister"
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 08:25 PM

Naughty Nicol!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
2 nuns in the bath.

Nun 1 says "where's the soap?"
Nun 2 says "Yes it does, doesn't it sister"
Oh gosh Nicol......I'm surprised at you....

But I like it!..
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 08:16 AM

What do you call a nun in a wheelchair?
Virgin Mobile.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top