Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 11:26 AM

A good night out - spoiled!

Went out for an Indian meal last night. There were nine of us all together - celebrating 'L's birthday - potentially a good night. But :-

1) The restaurant central heating had gone off and we had to make do with tiny halogen heaters dotted around the place.

2) The place was really busy and the service was extremely slow and less than wonderful. Our table was booked for 6:30pm and it was gone 8:00pm before we saw anything other than poppadums and pickles.

3) I had ordered a Mushroom Bhaji for a starter - they delivered garlic mushrooms. When I queried it, the waiter said they were same thing! Not wanting to make a fuss- or wait another half hour for the correct dish - I ate them - and they were lovely - but Bhajis they were not.

4) We had to wait almost 45 mins between starter and main course. The food, when it arrived, was certainly delicious.

5) We were not even offered puddings or coffees.

But worst of all -:

6) There was a larger party celebrating a 30th birthday and they had four young children with them. These children ran riot throughout the restaurant. They took some balloons from the table and raced after the waiters - trying to hit them with the balloons - and howling when the balloons burst. They ran around all the tables - screaming and shrieking - and generally annoying other diners. A couple who came in just after us complained to the manager - then left to go and eat somewhere else.

When the manager spoke to the owners of the children they were rounded up and made to sit still - for all of 5mins. We hoped that things would improve when their food arrived - but it was actually worse. The children were given bowls of chips - all four of them left the table again and started throwing the chips at each other and at anyone else who happened to pass them.

Not one of the adults made any attempt to stop them. They were far too busy with mobile phones, cameras and booze to care or even notice what their children were doing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 11:29 AM

Re: A good night out - spoiled!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Went out for an Indian meal last night. There were nine of us all together - celebrating 'L's birthday - potentially a good night. But :-

1) The restaurant central heating had gone off and we had to make do with tiny halogen heaters dotted around the place.

2) The place was really busy and the service was extremely slow and less than wonderful. Our table was booked for 6:30pm and it was gone 8:00pm before we saw anything other than poppadums and pickles.

3) I had ordered a Mushroom Bhaji for a starter - they delivered garlic mushrooms. When I queried it, the waiter said they were same thing! Not wanting to make a fuss- or wait another half hour for the correct dish - I ate them - and they were lovely - but Bhajis they were not.

4) We had to wait almost 45 mins between starter and main course. The food, when it arrived, was certainly delicious.

5) We were not even offered puddings or coffees.

But worst of all -:

6) There was a larger party celebrating a 30th birthday and they had four young children with them. These children ran riot throughout the restaurant. They took some balloons from the table and raced after the waiters - trying to hit them with the balloons - and howling when the balloons burst. They ran around all the tables - screaming and shrieking - and generally annoying other diners. A couple who came in just after us complained to the manager - then left to go and eat somewhere else.

When the manager spoke to the owners of the children they were rounded up and made to sit still - for all of 5mins. We hoped that things would improve when their food arrived - but it was actually worse. The children were given bowls of chips - all four of them left the table again and started throwing the chips at each other and at anyone else who happened to pass them.

Not one of the adults made any attempt to stop them. They were far too busy with mobile phones, cameras and booze to care or even notice what their children were doing.
What a shame Tabs. Sorry you didn't enjoy your night out. I know exactly what you mean about the unsupervised children running around, you see it so often now. As you say, the parents are more interested in their phones than their children.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 11:39 AM

Sorry to hear that tabs, too many smombies ( smartphone zombies) about today, not many parents interact with their children anymore, we wouldn’t have let our son run around, like that, not that he would have anyway, what happened to parenting?, practiced by the very few nowadays..
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Sorry to hear that tabs, too many smombies ( smartphone zombies) about today, not many parents interact with their children anymore, we wouldn’t have let our son run around, like that, not that he would have anyway, what happened to parenting?, practiced by the very few nowadays..
We saw a lot of it whilst on holidays in Spain last year.
Not just British parents either, all nationalities.
If they've finished eating and want to play ,fine but they can't do that in a cafe or restaurant and certainly not unsupervised. One small boy actually fell and bumped his head after falling from a wall in one restaurant terrace we ate in. It wasn't until he started wailing in pain and shock that his parents/guardians looked up from their phone screens.
Yet we could see exactly what was going to happen and wondered which phombies the children belonged to!
issi
scotland
issi is female  issi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 01:32 PM

What a nightmare tabs, sorry you had to sit through that I cant understand why the management allowed that to go on, of course they were having their own nightmare. I am afraid its down to the parents.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 01:58 PM

Hi

Good Company can beat the life off a bad place.

I met the mother of my kids when she was being sexually groped by two Prats, two of her Managers.

It lasted 3 weeks short of 25 years and two kids which I am intensely proud of.

It was a fact of life all those years ago, but I was having none of it.

A woman's body is hers to give, it is not to be taken.

My basic view of life.

She was scared about losing her job.

I wasn't, I knew they were more scared of getting a good kicking.

I am not a nice man, I do not like violence, but I will use it against those who prey on women and kids.

I am a man with many faults, I can live with them.

I will never change, that is just me.

Threaten violence against a Woman or a Child and I am a complete Nightmare.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 02:01 PM

Tabs go on Trip advisor and give a review .
The restaurant won't want to get a bad reputation.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 02:03 PM

Sounds like you need to move to a nicer area Swims, a less chavvy one !
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 02:23 PM

Feel for you all ST . I was going to lunch with two of my friends , we arrived at restaurant and they took us to our reserved table alongside two mums with 3 squeeling kids , mums sat on phones , ignoring kids , I looked at waiter shook my head and he took us to a quiet area .

What a shame about your night out
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Sounds like you need to move to a nicer area Swims, a less chavvy one !
Hi

Been in a less Chavvy area for years, that is where the problem is.

A trip out is a rare occasion here, the kids love it and behave.

It is a treat.

When I was in Knutsford with the Barrister the kids where a spoilt nightmare.

Nadi and Jacob are on their best behaviour at McDonalds and KFC, they want to go again.

They say please and thank you and always clear their trays away and wipe the table.

I have taken them both to a Michelin Star restaurant and they where both ace.

Jacob, who is Autistic, wanted ketchup, he asked nicely and a 3 Star chief obliged.

The Chef took the time and trouble to come out and ask Jacob exactly what he wanted, he got it.

The Chef refused payment for Jacobs meal and also refused payment for Nadi, his younger sister, who wanted white chocolate for her dessert.

it was not on the menu, but it arrived.

Such is life, there is goodness all around.

The Chef is a Dad, very famous, but does not stand on Ceremony.

A little bit of politeness goes a long way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top