Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 12:03 AM

Re: Taking benefits from poorly people

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You don't understand what that means Gumbud.
friendship all over the world is very very similar - I understand humanity!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
friendship all over the world is very very similar - I understand humanity!
You're one up on me then mate. You can be a friend but trying to get someone out of this government led treacle can test any friendship. Can you walk away when the job is half done?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 12:15 AM

sounds like the lady is very isolated and lonely - friendships are good 'because' they are often tested - LQ sounds distraught ? - my suggestion is OK ffs do something!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You should be eligible for Carers/Attendance Allowance, PD.
No I'm not apparently. ESA didn't qualify for that . He would have to be on disability for myself to get carers allowance, and he would never agree to being classed as (mentally) disabled. (because he doesn't think he is ! ) So now they consider him to be employable, and through his stubbornness he's landed me in the f..ing mire.
Try talking to him and it's like an inferno.
Neither will he give me 'implicit consent' to act on his behalf.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
No I'm not apparently. ESA didn't qualify for that . He would have to be on disability for myself to get carers allowance, and he would never agree to being classed as (mentally) disabled. (because he doesn't think he is ! ) So now they consider him to be employable, and through his stubbornness he's landed me in the f..ing mire.
Try talking to him and it's like an inferno.
Neither will he give me 'implicit consent' to act on his behalf.
Sorry, Puddle Duck, that is rough on you both. Is there no work he could do from home - computer stuff etc? It may not pay much but every little helps.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

sounds like the lady is very isolated and lonely - friendships are good 'because' they are often tested - LQ sounds distraught ? - my suggestion is OK ffs do something!
Gumbud, you have to understand that some people are very closed when it comes to wanting help. They do not like to 'put upon' others, and although I'm sure LQ is there to listen and offer advice, she can't physically do what's needed if the lady won't let her help.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

LionQueen I have just looked at where you live and if your friend is also in the same area which I know is a big one Google Welfare Rights for your area , for example I just threw Leeds in and got a result .

This is the place your friend needs to contact immediately .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I feel very sorry for her, and can empathise. My son has just had his benefit stopped.
'Maximus 'tick boxes, probably find the Assessors are being paid for every one they knock back.
I now have the problem of keeping two of us on a single pension.
His benefit was only ESA (employment support allowance) as he would not apply for anything else, but he has mental health diagnosis of schizophrenia, and I know he is unfit to work alongside others. It would clearly be putting others at risk.
So who is to blame if he has an outburst ?
My son won't challenge the decision because that is part of his illness. Stress and anxiety crucify him. Would you believe he used to care on his own for 10 (ten)paranoid schizophrenics in one house for 12 hours a night. It eventually sent him over the edge.

Maximus do not ask about medical records, and make their assumption on the day. As we know all people have good days and bad days and anyone who is ill will try to put their best foot forward, which in these cases, is not beneficial to them.
The costs of all the tribunals and admin staff (prob on £25,000 per annum) will surely be enormous.

There have been cases of people in the last stages of cancer having their benefits stopped. One man died before he was able to appeal and there are many .
It would seem that nobody is allowed to be ill any longer, and this is cruelty and Amber Rudd should be confronted instead of bragging about how many people they have got back into work. They are picking on the wrong ones now.
Very sorry for your friend maybe her doctor could help and release her medical records but she must be beside herself.

Circus Maximus certainly lives up to it's name , throwing all to the lions !
Your life and mine is one and the same. That's another story puddle xxx
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

26-02-2019, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sorry, Puddle Duck, that is rough on you both. Is there no work he could do from home - computer stuff etc? It may not pay much but every little helps.
Thanks ST. It's a thought. I know he would like to work again, but he doesn't even have the stamina to stay awake for a day as he suffers from insomnia too.
It certainly could be an option if there are any jobs out there like that he could try.
Good thought.

I must say thanks to all points mentioned, I don't think this is fair of my position to overshadow LQ's post about her friend, who is obviously in a massive dilemma .
He's downstairs now ranting in the kitchen at nobody !! Same every night !
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 10:27 AM

She isn't isolated or lonely, she has 6 grown children . I m upset because she is a proud lady who hates taking her kids money when they have families of their own with mouths to feed. Her children would help out but if I know her she wouldn't burden her children with her worries. She's too poorly to work most days she rarely has good days.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top