Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 05:47 PM

Re: Do You Have A Favourite Television Programme At The Moment?

My favourite programme at the moment is 'Call the midwives'

I love it.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 05:47 PM

I record all the things I want to watch then FF through the adverts when I watch it. I'm embarrassed to say I just counted how many programmes I record and it's ....42 a week And that doesn't include the soaps

Admittedly some of it is bubble gum telly and doesn't need much concentration but a lot is more interesting.

Most favourite at the moment is The Walking Dead although I haven't watched any of the latest series yet, I'm waiting til I have it all recorded then will binge watch it over a few evenings.

I don't really do intellectual programmes, for me the telly is just a tool to take me away from the everyday grind. My poor old brain works hard enough keeping me alive on a daily basis
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I record all the things I want to watch then FF through the adverts when I watch it. I'm embarrassed to say I just counted how many programmes I record and it's ....42 a week And that doesn't include the soaps

Admittedly some of it is bubble gum telly and doesn't need much concentration but a lot is more interesting.

Most favourite at the moment is The Walking Dead although I haven't watched any of the latest series yet, I'm waiting til I have it all recorded then will binge watch it over a few evenings.

I don't really do intellectual programmes, for me the telly is just a tool to take me away from the everyday grind. My poor old brain works hard enough keeping me alive on a daily basis
You're forgiven.
I do record a lot of documentaries, but I do have to be in the mood to watch them.
I was watching one about Burma yesterday, but had to switch off three-quarters of the way through, because the shots of the live animals captured into tiny cages and being sold as food at a market upset me so much.

And yes, most of what I watch is recorded, partly because I fall asleep quite early, but also so I can FF through the ghastly ads.

Sometimes bubblegum is what is needed. There's only so much realism and angst one can take!

After all, you can enjoy Shakespeare and The Beano! Just not at the same time!
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 07:42 PM

At the moment? Well, for the past several seasons, about the only shows I watch are NCIS and Bull, starring Michael Weatherly, who quit NCIS for his own show.

Both shows are entertaining, yet make my mind work to stay ahead of the plot. I do like the characters very much, not too hard to watch for an hour.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 07:47 PM

"Grimm" No matter how many times it's re-run on different channels, I will watch it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
I find The Yorkshire vet very interesting but not much else on telly to be honest.
I love The Yorkshire Vet & I am also watching Shetland & Call The Midwife..

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top