Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 09:08 AM

Better the cockroaches

Having seen two horrendous examples of animal cruelty on Facebook this morning ( I won't post them here they are horrible ) I am beginning to think our species are not worth saving.
We should leave the planet to the cockroaches.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 09:14 AM

Re: Better the cockroaches

I can't look at animal cruelty on the net...it's better not to know. I agree regarding our species but I reckon our days are numbered anyway...one day it will be left to the cockroaches
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 09:25 AM

Being serious , I care not a jot about global warming , save the planet and all the good guy sound bites as I’m convinced Islam /isis /whatever will take over in the coming generations anyway so why should I care ?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 10:05 AM

I was feeling very low one day , the news had been awful and life felt unkind . I met an old man who said to me " the world seems cruel and unkind when we listen to the media , but when you meet individual people they are nice " . This came completely out of the blue, he didn't know me but his words touched my heart and I hold onto them .

I will not watch or listen to violence , my world is my family and friends , my world is small . I'm kind and helpful to those who I can be . Yes I too worry about the future for my grandchildren and the little ones futures , but I hope I make a tiny difference while I'm here
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Having seen two horrendous examples of animal cruelty on Facebook this morning ( I won't post them here they are horrible ) I am beginning to think our species are not worth saving.
We should leave the planet to the cockroaches.
It doesn't bother me one bit that the human race may die out. I'm sure the planet itself will survive in some form or another and will be ruled and inhabited by creepy crawlies. Naturally, Australia is taking the lead in this.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 11:25 AM

The crocs will still be here, no matter what, as will the cockroaches and ants.

We (the human race) do not deserve this planet.

We steal it's resources and squander them on unimportant fripperies. We displace animals, we kill what we don't like or can't live alongside, and also what we don't understand.

We appreciate nothing. We kill each other for ridiculous reasons.

We are the scourge of the planet.

On a cheerier note, I never watch the news or look at current affairs, I have enough crap in my life without adding the woes of slebs and wannabes.

As for politicians......croc fodder methinks
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I was feeling very low one day , the news had been awful and life felt unkind . I met an old man who said to me " the world seems cruel and unkind when we listen to the media , but when you meet individual people they are nice " . This came completely out of the blue, he didn't know me but his words touched my heart and I hold onto them .

I will not watch or listen to violence , my world is my family and friends , my world is small . I'm kind and helpful to those who I can be . Yes I too worry about the future for my grandchildren and the little ones futures , but I hope I make a tiny difference while I'm here
I stopped listening to the news a long time ago Susan, it does nothing to help you through the day except leave a nasty taste in your mouth and makes you wrongly despise other people, races and religions. The world is not like the BBC [and others] portray it, they only show the bad bits for sensationalism, and I believe it represents only a tiny minority of society.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 11:42 AM

The only thing wrong with humans is that there are too many of us and each of us leaves a very large footprint when we die.
When you think of all the resources it takes to keep just one human alive and comfortable for, say eighty years on average....That's an awful lot of electricity, gas, petrol, food and clothing, not to mention shelter.....

There must come a time when we will start to run out of stuff....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The only thing wrong with humans is that there are too many of us and each of us leaves a very large footprint when we die.
When you think of all the resources it takes to keep just one human alive and comfortable for, say eighty years on average....That's an awful lot of electricity, gas, petrol, food and clothing, not to mention shelter.....

There must come a time when we will start to run out of stuff....
Or we start producing soylent green. Along with the marauding knife gangs and tattooed zombies, it will work well.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 03:00 PM

Having helped a couple of small animal charities for many years we all have to take a few months off every so often or we would just give up and become too depressed to carry on.

I hoped when I started to see the end and not be needed eventually but I have to say cases are getting worse and some people are twisted evil people who should not be sharing a planet with the rest of us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top