Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 10:17 AM

EU Fears NO DEAL

As most know, a NO DEAL outcome is the only realistic option the UK has of ever leaving the EU in a proper sense.
By that I mean removing ourselves from the control of the EU, from the control and jurisdiction of the ECJ and from the millions of rules and regulations.

The EU is petrified of us leaving with No Deal because it DOES actually see us leave. While ever No Deal is off the table they know they can mess about with fake deals which essentially leave us in teh EU and under their control.

The European Elections are looming and things do not look good for the incumbents.

The Express has a useful article on why this is here:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10...ion-May-latest

"Brexiteer Andrew Bridgen has issued a dire forecast for the European Union, warning its institutions could see their support wane at the upcoming European election if no Brexit deal is struck with Britain. Mr Briged suggested member states would not take well to Brussels' demands for increased budget contribution should the UK quit the bloc without paying a £39 billion divorce bill, which he claims the UK would not have to pay if no agreement is reached by March 29. Asked whether the EU will agree to renegotiate the deal, he told Sky News: "Oh, yes. The European Union - Germany has zero percent growth, Italy is in recession, France has got civil unrest, you’ve got European elections coming up.

"They can borrow money to bail out Greece, Portugal, Spain, Italy, the Irish Republic, because of the Eurozone crisis but they can’t borrow money for they in-year budget"

"The forecast from Mr Bridgen came as Angela Merkel was warned Germany is on track to be the worst hit economically if the UK quits the EU without an agreement on the future relationship with the bloc. "

Notable that on many forums there have been a lot of German posters desperately trying to convince people to stay.

The EU bluff is a weak one. The people of the UK can see clearly that the EU is petrified of us leaving and is doing all it can to prevent it instead of honouring and respecting our decision to get out.

We have to ignore all the Project Fear/Project Hysteria BS being spouted by so many stooges across the internet. The UK WILL manage through a No Deal exit, they WILL agree whatever agreements are needed to maintain the flow of goods, of course they will.

Time to hold fast and see this through once and for all

NO DEAL is the only way will we will get to leave and leave properly.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 11:25 AM

Re: EU Fears NO DEAL

Originally Posted by Realist ->
As most know, a NO DEAL outcome is the only realistic option the UK has of ever leaving the EU in a proper sense.
By that I mean removing ourselves from the control of the EU, from the control and jurisdiction of the ECJ and from the millions of rules and regulations.

The EU is petrified of us leaving with No Deal because it DOES actually see us leave. While ever No Deal is off the table they know they can mess about with fake deals which essentially leave us in teh EU and under their control.

The European Elections are looming and things do not look good for the incumbents.

"Brexiteer Andrew Bridgen has issued a dire forecast for the European Union, warning its institutions could see their support wane at the upcoming European election if no Brexit deal is struck with Britain. Mr Briged suggested member states would not take well to Brussels' demands for increased budget contribution should the UK quit the bloc without paying a £39 billion divorce bill, which he claims the UK would not have to pay if no agreement is reached by March 29. Asked whether the EU will agree to renegotiate the deal, he told Sky News: "Oh, yes. The European Union - Germany has zero percent growth, Italy is in recession, France has got civil unrest, you’ve got European elections coming up.

"They can borrow money to bail out Greece, Portugal, Spain, Italy, the Irish Republic, because of the Eurozone crisis but they can’t borrow money for they in-year budget"

"The forecast from Mr Bridgen came as Angela Merkel was warned Germany is on track to be the worst hit economically if the UK quits the EU without an agreement on the future relationship with the bloc. "

Notable that on many forums there have been a lot of German posters desperately trying to convince people to stay.

The EU bluff is a weak one. The people of the UK can see clearly that the EU is petrified of us leaving and is doing all it can to prevent it instead of honouring and respecting our decision to get out.

We have to ignore all the Project Fear/Project Hysteria BS being spouted by so many stooges across the internet. The UK WILL manage through a No Deal exit, they WILL agree whatever agreements are needed to maintain the flow of goods, of course they will.

And the UK would suffer most.

Read and if possible inwardly digest;

No deal? Seven reasons why a WTO-only Brexit would be bad for Britain

http://theconversation.com/no-deal-s...britain-102009
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 10:06 PM

I don't think Realist likes the EU.

Not only does he want the UK to leave, he wants to see the remaining 27 states suffer.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 12:16 AM

I agree with Realist.

Now you can all start pouring your criticisms on me, too.

Not that it will make any difference.

By the way, Marge and I are going to the Austrian enclave of the EU tomorrow. Marge has been invited to speak at a conference.

Funny, that. At least one country in the EU still values the input of our academics. I wonder whether that will continue after we are an independent nation!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree with Realist.

Now you can all start pouring your criticisms on me, too.

Not that it will make any difference.

By the way, Marge and I are going to the Austrian enclave of the EU tomorrow. Marge has been invited to speak at a conference.

Funny, that. At least one country in the EU still values the input of our academics. I wonder whether that will continue after we are an independent nation!
We invented just about everything... have fun in Austria, its a wonderful place. Great beer too - go easy !
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Here is a scenario for you to consider....

One option that could be used is what I now call "The Gove Plan". This means signing up to the Theresa Mays Withdrawal Bill and then tearing it up once we are out.

Bearing in mind, the Withdrawal Agreement is not a treaty and like Trump when he abandoned the Paris Agreement we could do the same.

Here is what I think could be a likely outcome ...

1. "No Deal" is voted down in parliament and is therefore, off the table
2. "The 2nd Referendum proposed by labour stalls before it even gets off the ground - they can't agree on the question and there is too much push back from their membership (north of London)
3. Parliament votes in favour of Mays Withdrawal Agreement
4. We leave on 29th March as planned
5. May resigns in June and holds a leadership challenge
6. Mogg, Gove, Johnson, IDS - a leaver becomes the PM
7. We tear up the withdrawal agreement (bearing in mind we have had an extra 3 months to finalise our WTO arrangements)
8. Done

Interesting times ahead...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 10:49 AM

EU Fears NO DEAL
The EU doesn't need to fear anything, we have so many useless politicians if we ever manage the leave the EU it will get a good deal
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We invented just about everything... have fun in Austria, its a wonderful place. Great beer too - go easy !
Thanks. Best of all, it's all paid for by the conference organisers!

I'm grateful, in a way, that despite her having retired she still insists on doing these things.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-02-2019, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Here is a scenario for you to consider....

One option that could be used is what I now call "The Gove Plan". This means signing up to the Theresa Mays Withdrawal Bill and then tearing it up once we are out.

Bearing in mind, the Withdrawal Agreement is not a treaty and like Trump when he abandoned the Paris Agreement we could do the same.

Here is what I think could be a likely outcome ...

1. "No Deal" is voted down in parliament and is therefore, off the table
2. "The 2nd Referendum proposed by labour stalls before it even gets off the ground - they can't agree on the question and there is too much push back from their membership (north of London)
3. Parliament votes in favour of Mays Withdrawal Agreement
4. We leave on 29th March as planned
5. May resigns in June and holds a leadership challenge
6. Mogg, Gove, Johnson, IDS - a leaver becomes the PM
7. We tear up the withdrawal agreement (bearing in mind we have had an extra 3 months to finalise our WTO arrangements)
8. Done

Interesting times ahead...
I could go along with that but for one thing: we'll have to pay the EU dictators £39 billion.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-02-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by meg ->
the eu doesn't need to fear anything, we have so many useless politicians if we ever manage the leave the eu it will get a good deal

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top