Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 03:50 PM

Do you believe males and females think differently?

Are we still believing in the stereotype that men are better at certain things and that women can multitask, and have better intuition?

I believe that this division is rapidly changing.
As female brains are about 140 grams lighter than male brains, the old concept of men are better at reading maps, and that women were the inferior sex thus better at empathy and multi-tasking.

Now it is also true that bigger people do in fact have bigger brains, irrelevant to gender.
It is also a factor that environmental situations and experience, does change the thought process.

I am in fact far better at reading maps than my husband, he is often more responsive to emotional situations than me. The reason for this is our past experiences.

In a given situation, of let's say a road accident, most people of both sexes are liable, to naturally take the bye stander bias route. Most people do look for a leader, it is a human trait. I suppose being first born, I am generally a natural leader. This doesn't imply that I believe I am any better at handling a given situation, just that I think quickly on my feet.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 03:57 PM

Re: Do you believe males and females think differently?

In the event of something major, I tend to take charge, not because I am the stronger sex but because I try to sort things out with the least discomfort to others. I multi-task all the time which is why I can get things done in half the time it takes others. I am not so good at the empathy bit but I do try.

I'm not sure if men think differently to women, I think they just assume the role they are best at, which is perhaps what attracts them in the first place.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
In the event of something major, I tend to take charge, not because I am the stronger sex but because I try to sort things out with the least discomfort to others. I multi-task all the time which is why I can get things done in half the time it takes others. I am not so good at the empathy bit but I do try.

I'm not sure if men think differently to women, I think they just assume the role they are best at, which is perhaps what attracts them in the first place.
You are a leader like me, that makes you avoid the bystander bias, that is a good thing. You can only empathise if you can relate to that situation through experience.
You naturally assume that because you are male, then you would need to protect the fairer sex.

This is changing these days. Maybe because females have struggled to become leaders????? Maybe because some males have lost respect?
Maybe because younger generations are taught differently??
I do have more to say on this, as posts hopefully add to this thread.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 04:15 PM

I am very technical and can work out how to use things easy, whereas my Husband can't. Husband is good at Navigating, i'm not. I am very organised, Husband is not, he changes his mind everytime.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

14-03-2019, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I am very technical and can work out how to use things easy, whereas my Husband can't. Husband is good at Navigating, i'm not. I am very organised, Husband is not, he changes his mind everytime.
We can call on you for how to work things out then Susie.
It is usually females that keep changing their minds.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 04:20 PM

Yes they do think differently.
I think my wasband is a total prat and he thinks I don't notice!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

14-03-2019, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yes they do think differently.
I think my wasband is a total prat and he thinks I don't notice!

I think that is woman's intuition, Tess. x
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 04:52 PM

There is absolutely no doubt that I'm very much more intelligent than my wife.

After all, I chose to marry her while she decided to marry me!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 05:02 PM

I think they do think differently, all the men here always know where they are and which way is which whereas us girls and women no idea at all.They are more organised too.
None of them can do more than one thing at once though or do a decent hair braid or bun.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 05:29 PM

Yes very much so.. I won't go into details but it can be bad for my blood pressure sometimes.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top