Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 07:27 PM

Re: Returning a watch

Well, I had a price limit on what I was going to pay.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 07:30 PM

You and your watches Dreamy, me and my shoes, what a pair we are. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 09:40 PM

Yes, you can only wear one pair at a time. I'm the same with watches. When I did have an Apple watch I wore it along side my normal watch on the other wrist but it always felt awkward and eventually I stopped wearing the Apple watch, it gathered dust for a while then I sold it.

I try and rotate my watches; the 4k one though is an automatic and needs adjusting, though, if I take it off my wrist for a few days. That's the downside of automatic watches. The Casio I bought today is just pick up and go; and I have 2 solar watches which go for years just from natural light although they contain a larger capacity battery which eventually in 10 years or more will need replaced.

I could talk watches all night; but are they gadgets if they're not the modern smart watches which pair with a phone?

Thought I was on the gadgets thread for a moment there.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 09:52 PM

Some watches do have gadgets.x
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 10:01 PM

I have a couple of G-Shocks Foss - bleddy indestructible things they are. The wife uses a "Baby-G" at work.

I don't like those negative displays though - can be very hard to read in certain light.

Ref the Tag, it may be something quite simple like a stuck / jamming rotor if it's not winding.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

17-03-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I have a couple of G-Shocks Foss - bleddy indestructible things they are. The wife uses a "Baby-G" at work.

I don't like those negative displays though - can be very hard to read in certain light.

Ref the Tag, it may be something quite simple like a stuck / jamming rotor if it's not winding.
It is the rotor I'm sure of it. What I don't understand is how it came to get broken. I've only had the watch since September and it will be a couple of months before Tag fixes it and sends it back.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
It is the rotor I'm sure of it. What I don't understand is how it came to get broken. I've only had the watch since September and it will be a couple of months before Tag fixes it and sends it back.
You can always be unlucky.
A mate had a brand new Rolex Explorer II and in the first week the rotor came off and jammed the movement.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

17-03-2019, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
You can always be unlucky.
A mate had a brand new Rolex Explorer II and in the first week the rotor came off and jammed the movement.
I think the same has happened to mine. I like both my Monaco and my Carrera and the Monaco cost me a fortune. You'd think they'd have strict quality control on a watch that cost so much though.

To add: It's the Carrera that's broken.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 01:32 PM

I found an old watch of mine last year .
Hadn't worn it in 25 years .
The watchmaker couldn't get the parts it needed so last week we made the effort and took it back to Cartier .
Going into the shop is a pleasure it's sort of a shrine to rediculous wealth .
You wade through the beige deep pile
All the assistants are handsome and look as if they have just been ironed .
They treat you like royalty ( you never know even a scruffy pair may be eccentric millionaires. )
Anyway I am hoping I will get away without too huge a bill.
But it's a beautiful watch and holds sentimental value for me .
I hope but doubt my grand children may one day apprieciate it.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

17-03-2019, 01:46 PM

What you have to look out for is how you get ripped on spares for these high end watches.

THe wife has an Omega Constellation and has managed to damage some links in the bracelet. Omega want £1000 to repair it!!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top