Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 07:46 PM

Re: The lighter evenings

I think I'm what some people might call..
Easily pleased!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 08:41 PM

I suffer SAD dreadfully so when Spring comes a knocking and the light nights come I'm a different person, its amazing really how positive i feel in Spring and Summer, I can cope ok with Autumn but Winter is horrible for me personally and lots of other people too. Some days in Winter we are lucky to get 6 hours daylight a day sometimes and that does us no good, especially the body lacking Vit D.

I agree with Mups, get some blackout curtains lad.
Hope you are feeling ok Ffosse, (hugs) xxx
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 09:48 PM

I love the Light Nights, it's great watching Corrie on the Patio.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 09:49 PM

I mainly love the lighter mornings although they were slow in coming this year and I noticed it getting lighter in the evenings long before the mornings. As you probably know, I get up early most mornings a go for a run before most people are awake. To me, it's the best time of the day and there is so much activity going on all around out in the country what with the dawn chorus.

I watch the trees and hedgerows coming alive at this time of year and have witnessed some amazing sunrises. I'm beginning to feel my age just lately and am burned out after my evening meal. I never have trouble sleeping at any time of day, but I try to keep regular hours by going to bed at the same time every night usually about ten thirty, but have fallen asleep before my head hits the pillow.

Like Rhian though, I love all the seasons and they all produce a certain kind of magic especially out in the bosom of mother nature. I suppose I do like the sunshine best though and find it quite impossible to remain indoors on a sunny day....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I love Spring and Summer best
But then I love Autumn too for different reasons
And I love to feel cosy inside, with fairy lights and candles on, in my pjs, in the Winter too!
Rhian..it’s dangerous to have candles in your pj,s, I hope they’re flame retardant..
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 04:02 AM

"Spring forward" was a week ago for us which makes for dark running, but the evenings on the beach more than make up for it. It is one of my favorite days of the year and we are only five hours off GMT right now.

It's always surprising by your reports how close on the calendar that your and our bulbs start emerging. The transfer of heat via the Gulf Stream is impressive!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 08:38 AM

I just go with flow - each season has something remarkable to give us and I just love watching the changes.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top