Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 10:34 AM

Re: Primark's new Fitting Rooms

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
It's a bonkers world
Oh ain't that the truth!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 11:21 AM

What's wrong with private cubicles? I hated the big changing room when I used to go to Bannatynes and I often used to change in the toilets for a bit of privacy. If a shop had them I would not try on in them I'd tell the assistant I would try on at home and return the item if I didn't like it. I'd also tell her/him why..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I won't even use an 'all female' communal changing room - I still believe in privacy and modesty - two words which are rapidly vanishing from our language and our culture.

Same here, Tabs.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 02:38 PM

A 'transgender' operation can't be cheap anyway so what are those loonies doing in Primark at all if they have so much dosh to waste?
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:30 PM

So is it being said here that Primark are going to have 1 big changing room with no cubicles so everybody will see everybody else. All men women and children mixed together?
I cannot believe that. Would it be actually legal?

At my large Asda store that has a massive clothing section there is a unisex changing room with cubicles. You lock the door and try things on and theres a mirror to see yourself.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
No it's completely wrong. Male and female. That is all.
We shouldn't give in to this ridiculous "politically correct" stance which is trying to persuede the general public that this should be adhered to as being normal.
Those freaks need to sort their heads out and man up (or woman up)!
I'll go with this.....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I wouldn't like it one bit but i.d be bashed for having that view no doubt.
Certainly not from me LQ! I have nothing against transgender people, each to their own and I am quite happy to jog along together in society.
However, sharing a fitting room, especially those without cubicles, is a definite no, no. No way should someone who only has to declare that they are trans, without being under a Doctors supervision from the start, ever have the right to go into a women's changing room and either undress or watch as others undress. Sorry if that is a dinasaur's way of thinking in modern society today, but I won't change my view.

Many a time I accompany my 15 and 16 year-old granddaughters when we go clothes shopping. (You can't fail to spot me, I am the lady standing guard outside either the fitting room or cubicles, holding jackets and handbags while they try on the contents of the shop!. The only thing missing is a rifle over my shoulder whilst I stand guard) Guaranteed though, if it is a communal fitting room, I have already discreetly been in there with them to pre-check all is as it should be.
There is no way I would ever agree to some boy or man who has declared himself to be a woman, to then walk in and share the communal changing room with my young granddaughters. I would be the first to make a strong complaint to the shop manager and drag the girls out of there.

I'm sorry if this offends some, but that is the way it is.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 11:46 PM

Here's a link about all this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-room-row.html
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
A 'transgender' operation can't be cheap anyway so what are those loonies doing in Primark at all if they have so much dosh to waste?
Primark is cheap tat, Floydy, so it is probably all they can afford after their surgery.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 09:13 AM

What an utterly stupid idea........

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top