Join for free
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 02:48 PM

A Star Is Born....

I must comment on this film. Apologies if another thread has been done already.

After hearing all the praise and seeing bits and pieces advertised on TV about the making of this film and its stars, I finally got the film from the library and looked forward to seeing it.

I'm admittedly a Bradley Cooper fan, and have seen most of his movies. He is a very good actor. However, from the very beginning of the film until the last, I was disappointed.

Call me picky.....Jackson's face continually had face oils shining, hair was greasy and totally unkempt. Yes, the guy had drug and alcohol problems, but I could almost smell him across the room! The costumes for the film weren't given much thought at all. All about the singing on stage,but nothing to make me have any sympathy for the personalities of either actor. The song, "Shallow" left me cold.

Sam Shepard played his part well, hardly needed any acting at all. He's a natural.

I am so happy I didn't spend $25 to see this movie at the theater. I would have left the building with a grumpy look on my face, complete with scowl.

I will add that the Streisand and Kristofferson movie remake was brilliant. Loved everything about the film, especially the song "Evergreen".

Anyone else have a comment that may make me change my mind? I might have missed something.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:21 PM

Re: A Star Is Born....

I looked forward to seeing the third? remake of A star Is Born. Not a patch on the Streisand/Kristofferson. But to be fair I have been a fan of Barbra Streisand for years.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I looked forward to seeing the third? remake of A star Is Born. Not a patch on the Streisand/Kristofferson. But to be fair I have been a fan of Barbra Streisand for years.
She's a unique lady, EZ. I have admired her singing attributes for years.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 10:49 PM

We went to see 'A Star is Born' at the cinema and was also very disappointed with it Right Now, it was a run of the mill story very predictable and poorly acted.
It didn't seem to contain any of the magic present in the earlier versions, although Streisand and Kristofferson did set a high bar......

I did enjoy some of the trailers shown before the movie started, and the obligatory box of maltesers I demolished while watching it so it wasn't a complete wash out.....
Right Now
upstate New York US

20-03-2019, 03:31 PM

Thanks for confirming what could have been a oversight on my part to enjoy all parts of the movie, Foxie. Gee, I didn't even fix myself any popcorn, let alone malt balls, to make the time pass more quickly.

Next time I shall remember the chocolates....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top