Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 04:15 AM

Re: ATMs

I use an ATM for cash but rarely. I do all transactions on a card because it's so much easier to track where my money is going.

I only use a credit union card/account because there aren't a fee for transactions. As far as I know, you can't do any ATM transactions without a PIN here.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 04:52 AM

We can't perform ATM transactions without a pin here either Surfermom. But you can do contactless payments with no pin if you pay at a supermarket etc. with your card.

My card was cloned back in 2003 and someone in the US withdrew $1000 then came back here and used the card twice for cashback even after it was cancelled. I'm sure it's not so easy now as they have since introduced pin technology, but they can still go to a few supermarkets and spend £30 at each without anyone to stop them.

I'm sure that at some point they will insist on iris or other biological recognition tech. Which is IMO creepy and who then keeps your ID safe? There's a massive amount of data we already give up for the sake of our devices but at least it's not yet bio-genetic. Resonates with the world of Minority report.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 05:45 AM

I always pay cash..

To get my cash I go to an ATM at my bank or supermarket.

If Early morning am very carful to watch who is around when I make the withdraw.

Am sick to death at Supermarkets and petrol stations by people holding me up using a credit card to pay.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->

Am sick to death at Supermarkets and petrol stations by people holding me up using a credit card to pay.
Funny that - I get really pissed off with people fiddling about counting their cash then waiting while they get change. Much quicker with one wave of the magic card.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 08:03 AM

Never seen a Card used in a Chip Shop yet, Chip Shop owners still like their palms greased.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 08:08 AM

I still use cash, atm.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 08:15 AM

I prefer to use cash - easier to keep track. Only use ATM's if they are in a bank or a shop.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 10:18 AM

I have never used an ATM , I get cash from the post office but don't use it very often.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 10:25 AM

I do use one each week, mostly I use my debit card for things but I need cash for pocket money for Gracie and her dinner money for school. They have a ticket machine she has to have the right money to get her weeks tickets, that causes a few problems as it has to be coins so I swap some notes with my husbands works vending bag and that works pretty well.

I usually get a bit extra out coming up to christmas for tips for various people, I like to say thankyou to people traipse up the stairs with my post and parcels and often I am treated to a professional manicure so I like to tip them too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 10:28 AM

I get cash from the supermarket ATM.

My hairdresser only accepts cash, also I need cash when I give her a tip.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top