Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 07:52 PM

Showing affection to pets

A programme on the telly today, ran a poll to find out how many people show more affection to their pets than their spouses/partners.

Care to guess what the answer and percentages were?

Well I'll tell you . . .

80% of people admitted they touch, stroke, or cuddle their pets each day, more than they do their partners.

Some of the reasons given were - the animals don't judge, don't care what we look like, and always rush to welcome us home often carrying a gift for us.

True, isn't it.

It was also announced that apparently it takes on average, 30 minutes to fall in love with a dog/puppy . .
but 6 months to fall in love with another human.

Not sure if I'd say that was true, but apparently it is.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 09:31 PM

Re: Showing affection to pets

I must admit I feel rather lonely without a pet now I live on my own...and rather jealous of those with pets, especially dogs. Nothing like cuddling, talking and having fun with your dog.

I'd give anything to have another pet. There isn't even enough space in the lounge for a bird cage. Well, there is if it wants to stew by the radiator.

Sighs and wipes away a tear.

Yes Mups, it's true.... and they don't argue back either
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I must admit I feel rather lonely without a pet now I live on my own...and rather jealous of those with pets, especially dogs. Nothing like cuddling, talking and having fun with your dog.

I'd give anything to have another pet. There isn't even enough space in the lounge for a bird cage. Well, there is if it wants to stew by the radiator.

Hi

That is so, so true Pesta.

I have my fish, they recognise me and queue to be fed by hand, but you cannot cuddle them.

Cuddles are important.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

That is so, so true Pesta.

I have my fish, they recognise me and queue to be fed by hand, but you cannot cuddle them.

Cuddles are important

Snivel... ain't that the truth

Sorry Mups, spoiling your thread
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 09:43 PM

So true, Pesta.

The physical contact of stroking and cuddles is so therapeutic to both parties, isn't it.

You need something like my Gertie. She would sit on your lap and 'wash' you all day if you allowed it. She is definitely a dog who needs contact, but gives so much love back also.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 09:45 PM

We used to say that in order of importance in my family as far as my then wife was concerned
Top place Our son who she doted on
2nd place The dog who she loved
3rd place Our daughter who she tolerated
Last place Me. I just lived in the same house.

My daughters dogs that I am looking after for now, miss their mum but do fight for my attention and cuddles from me. Diego wont sleep at night unless I sleep on my side so he can lie with his head on my chest and my arm cuddling him like a baby. Peaches sleeps curled up against my tum.

As for falling in love with another person, I am stupid and fall in love far too easily and quickly.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

19-03-2019, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So true, Pesta.

The physical contact of stroking and cuddles is so therapeutic to both parties, isn't it.

You need something like my Gertie. She would sit on your lap and 'wash' you all day if you allowed it. She is definitely a dog who needs contact, but gives so much love back too.

It's no wonder you're such a doll Mups, always happy and upbeat... tis all the love and cuddles with your brood.

Bah humbug
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-03-2019, 09:53 PM

It's no wonder you're such a doll Mups, always happy and upbeat... tis all the love and cuddles with your brood.

Bah humbug

Goodness! What a lovely thing to say - thank you, and bless your cotton socks.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

19-03-2019, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Goodness! What a lovely thing to say - thank you, and bless your cotton socks.

You're very welcome
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 10:23 PM

I love my dogs and when they are on the sofa with me, which is right now, I talk to them, stroke them and they regularly get kisses on their heads. Love 'em to bits. My GSD is twelve years old now and deaf, has dodgy back legs but still behaves like a puppy on our three walks a day.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top