Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 11:06 PM

Re: Showing affection to pets

Well it would be difficult not to, the dog is either sitting next to, or on, me and growls if Mrs Cathode comes near me. I'm not the pack leader though, that's Mrs C then the dog, then me.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 06:24 PM

I have always had Cats and wouldn't be without one.

My Coco is my Baby, love her to bits.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The physical contact of stroking and cuddles is so therapeutic to both parties, isn't it.
It most certainly is Mups. This was first researched in the 1930's and proved that the benefits to both cannines and humans occur when living together.

One of the things that annoys me is that despite this research which has been documented and acknowledged through out the academic world for decades every couple of years we still see (in both UK and USA) some twenty something undergraduate trying to prove it again, unniversities are handing out money to students which is wasted because it's been proved not once but many times.

Even here on Dogsey you occassionaly get spotty faced unniversity students appealing for readers to complete a survey or some such thinng and they usually start by saying "I am researching the therapeutic benefits of owning a dog, please complete my survey" meaning he/she can print it off and add a few words and get a degree" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I swear the next time I see some one claiming to be doing a degree on this subject I'll write to the bursar of their college and tell them it's all been done, may times, and they shouldn't be wasting public money (Your money dear reader) on repeating a well proved scenario.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 08:59 PM

I've always said day my husband races to the door and throws himself at me as pleased as the dogs are that I am home he'd get as many fusses as they do but I'm lucky to get a hi or oh it's that time is it as I walk in
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 09:32 PM

Deleted.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 07:22 AM

Teddy is so jealous. If the cat is being petted he will find a way to squeeze in between us so he is sitting next to me and getting all the cuddles. He will then start to either lick the cat's head vigorously or nip her on the leg if she doesn't get the message and scoot.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 08:26 AM

I suspect one reason for cuddling your pet - for women - is that they don't then assume sex is imminent and go for a grope.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I suspect one reason for cuddling your pet - for women - is that they don't then assume sex is imminent and go for a grope.

Hah , yes there is that to it, as well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 11:34 AM

I talk to my cats or stroke them every time I pass them in the house, particularly if they are awake. I mumble all sorts of rubbish to them but they seem to enjoy it. They just pick out the important words such as food, treats or chicken.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top