Join for free
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 01:10 PM

Things that totally surprise you

Today I got a delivery of a pair of headphones that I hadn't ordered, the Sennheiser HD 100s. I filled out a survey some months ago and forgot all about it - the headphones must have been one of the possible prizes for doing the survey.

As it turns out, they will come in very handy as I didn't have any wired head or earphones with a 3.5mm jack, breaking my last pair just over a month ago. I now have 3 pairs of headphones and one pair of in ear Bluetooth earphones. I had gone totally wireless but these will come in handy with my iPod Shuffle which I couldn't use without wired headphones and I lost the dongle that came with my iPhone.

I'm a bit of an audio nut, and while these don't sound as good as my expensive headphones, they are pretty good. And free too.

The shuffle is 8 years old but still holds a good charge; I've got 250 of my favourite songs on there. It takes a 3.5mm cable to USB for charging and of the 14 hours stated battery time, I'm still getting 12.5 hours. I did a test a couple of months ago.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 02:18 PM

Re: Things that totally surprise you

That was a nice surprise Ffosse. I remember once opening an envelope saying I was a winner in a Ford XR3i competition, it was actually 3rd prize and I won a couple of vouchers. It was a surprise though.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 02:26 PM

Re: Things that totally surprise you

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That was a nice surprise Ffosse. I remember once opening an envelope saying I was a winner in a Ford XR3i competition, it was actually 3rd prize and I won a couple of vouchers. It was a surprise though.
Pity you didn't win the car but yes, I had quite a surprise - those headphones are £35 in the shops.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top