Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:18 PM

Re: No Appointments

Hi

Well Mups, if you changed your name from Mups to Mupshasta they would give you a passport.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:31 PM

Naughty boy.
I want to know what you've got that I haven't. How come you get in immediately?
You must be up to no good!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Naughty boy.
I want to know what you've got that I haven't. How come you get in immediately?
You must be up to no good!

Hi

Oooh.

Do you want to play Doctor's and Nurses?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:52 PM

Thought you were too poorly to get frisky.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-01-2017, 08:56 PM

I finally got through to someone at the GP surgery and told them what happened, and she said she would speak to the doctor tomorrow and ring me in the afternoon to let me know what she says.
Apprently the GP cannot make the appointment at the Eye Dept. for me, so I guess I'll have to see what tomorrow brings.
She told me she was putting it down as "Urgent", yet the booking people tell me it is only "Routine."
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 09:15 PM

Eyes are important Mups and, whilst I don't wish to pry, what exactly is the problem? Is it something that is likely to get worse if left untreated?

If this is the case, the hospital must surely be aware that any damage caused by a delay of treatment could lead to a legal action for compensation.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-01-2017, 09:57 PM

JBR, All I know is within weeks of getting new glasses, they need changing again. I had new specs last July, then again in November, and now those ones are blurry in one lense again!
I should not need to keep having new lenses 2 or 3 times a year, it's ridiculous, and I cannot afford to keep buying specs as often as that anyway.

The Doc couldn't understand it either, that's why she sent me to hospital.
The shop where I had my eyes checked don't want to make me any more until the hospital have seen me. Best they could offer was to take the dodgy lense out as I can see better without that side in at the moment.
The thing is though, this is not going to work with my prescription sunglasses as I am so light sensitive, I will not manage with only one eye protected and the other one being dazzled.
Does that make sense?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 09:59 PM

Apprently the GP cannot make the appointment at the Eye Dept. for me, so I guess I'll have to see what tomorrow brings.
She told me she was putting it down as "Urgent"
Yes that's the problem Mups....your GP can only refer you to the hospital Eye Clinic, and she has marked it urgent in the hopes that they will deal with you sooner.....then the hospital booking system comes into play and they then have to make the decision as to who out of all the other referrals from all the other GP's in the area as to who is deemed to be the most 'urgent'
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-01-2017, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Yes that's the problem Mups....your GP can only refer you to the hospital Eye Clinic, and she has marked it urgent in the hopes that they will deal with you sooner.....then the hospital booking system comes into play and they then have to make the decision as to who out of all the other referrals from all the other GP's in the area as to who is deemed to be the most 'urgent'

So even if the GP thinks it urgent, the hospital can overide that Pats, and put it back to routine?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 10:52 PM

JBR, All I know is within weeks of getting new glasses, they need changing again. I had new specs last July, then again in November, and now those ones are blurry in one lense again!
I should not need to keep having new lenses 2 or 3 times a year, it's ridiculous, and I cannot afford to keep buying specs as often as that anyway.

The Doc couldn't understand it either, that's why she sent me to hospital.
The shop where I had my eyes checked don't want to make me any more until the hospital have seen me. Best they could offer was to take the dodgy lense out as I can see better without that side in at the moment.
The thing is though, this is not going to work with my prescription sunglasses as I am so light sensitive, I will not manage with only one eye protected and the other one being dazzled.
Does that make sense?
Although I am no expert, did your optician test you for glaucoma? It's a very simple test which I believe most opticians perform routinely.

I should add that glaucoma is a condition which needs to be treated quite urgently.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top