Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 08:48 PM

Delicious Caramel Sauce With Just One Ingredient!!

Hi everyone, found this recipe for the most divine Caramel Sauce using just ONE INGREDIENT! Yes, just one ingredient. I couldn’t believe it either when I read it.
When I think back to my many attempts to make a caramel sauce with burns to my hands to accompany it,, Too dark, too thick, no good. grrrrr.So as soon as I saw this I thought...never! But it’s true, and it tastes like heaven.

All you need is one 14oz tin of Condensed Milk (not evaporated milk).

Preheat your oven to 425F/210C/Gas 7/Fan 190.

Pour the whole tin of Condensed Milk into a small glass dish with sides or a pie dish with sides.

Place this dish into a larger dish like a roasting tin, and fill the roasting tin with hot water until it reaches half-way up the glass/pie dish.

Cover the glass/pie dish snugly with foil and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes. Check now and again to ensure water level remains half-way up the glass/pie dish.

Once the Caramel is nicely browned and caramelised, remove from the oven and let it cool.
Once cooled, whisk it until smooth.

Store in the Fridge until ready to use. Either microwave in one minute blasts until it is as warm or hot as you wish, or warm gently in a water bath with hot water. Up to you.

This Caramel tastes absolutely YUM! I’ve already used it to top Brownies and as a topping for Vanilla Ice-Cream.

As a footnote: this Caramel is apparently very popular in France to put on left-over Croissants later in the day. The correct name for it is Dulce de Leche (Argentinian/Brazilian) or Confiture de Lait (France) and can always be found in their Patissieres.

If you would like to see the professional recipe - please look at www.davidlebovitz.com/dulce-de-lechec
The photographs of this one ingredient Caramel Sauce will surely convince you to go for this dish.

Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	caramel sauce 1.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	4472   Click image for larger version

Name:	caramel sauce 2.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	4473   Click image for larger version

Name:	caramel sauce 3.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	4474   Click image for larger version

Name:	caramel sauce 4.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	4475  
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 09:16 PM

Re: Delicious Caramel Sauce With Just One Ingredient!!

This sounds fabulous
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 09:23 PM

For even less washing up, you can just simmer the unopened can of condensed milk in a saucepan.

METHOD
Step 1
Remove label from the unopened can of condensed milk. Fill a deep medium saucepan with water. Bring to the boil. Place the can in the saucepan, ensuring there’s enough water to completely cover the can at all times, topping up water frequently throughout the cooking process. Simmer, uncovered for 3 hours.
Step 2
Ensure the can is completely covered with water at all times during cooking.
Step 3
Carefully remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool or carefully remove the can from the boiling water. Allow to cool completely before opening - and there you have it - a can full of delicious caramel sauce!

I first used this method to make a caramel sauce to pour over pancakes filled with sliced bananas - it's delicious!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 10:51 PM

Well done to you Boot. You clever thing.

I just followed the recipe I found online so will stick with that one as don't need to keep an eye on it whilst it is caramelising in the oven. But good on you for already knowing about this one. Wish someone had told me about it before my many attempts to make a Caramel sauce that needed to be done two or three times before I got it right.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

14-11-2017, 10:58 PM

It is honestly Newcomer. I love discovering recipes that make my life easier and this definitely fits the bill. The grandkids were delighted with the topping on their ice-cream cornets at the weekend. I must try and find out if I could make a load of it and freeze it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 12:03 PM

Just one thing to say

Shroppie you are a wicked woman putting temptation in our paths
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 01:43 PM

sounds great and yes, the pictures are making my mouth water.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 01:46 PM

I love caramel sauce, but I buy dulce de leche in cartons or bottles in the supermarket here. Dulce de leche basically means sweet milk.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-11-2017, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I love caramel sauce, but I buy dulce de leche in cartons or bottles in the supermarket here. Dulce de leche basically means sweet milk.
clumsy, lucky thing. I have never seen it in the supermarkets here. The nearest thing is Carnation Caramel Condensed Milk. but the one I used was Carnation sweetened Condensed Milk which did the trick. I wish Cheffy Chefs would do recipes that we ordinary woman can do everyday without all the cafuffle about making it their way, which isn't always the easiest way!

I really miss Delia Smith as she was about the only chef who understood what women wanted to know. The only chef I have time for nowadays is Nigel Slater, who is a whizz at using left over foods and making a superb lunch or supper.

Oh Well!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 03:18 PM

Muy bien or very good in English.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top