Join for free
Page 11 of 276 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 11:07 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Thanks - they said it was a crescent shaped tumour located within the thicker part of the neck,
And spinal column there in,
I’ll find out in a week, but I definitively don’t want brain cancer although there are no signs and this was one missed by my G,P. as I complained with some frequency to her.

Tbf though, back problems are very difficult to understand properly let
alone diagnose.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 05:30 AM

Can’t sleep.

I have the morphine clicker which isn’t helping much right now; Also the alternating blow up socks in case of DVT after my op; and an oxygen tube for my nose; plus I have been having no bowel movements for 4 days now (I’m not surprised given so many painkillers and steroids).

There is only one other man in my bay and he is a nice chap from Hawick - I think I’m one of the few who fully gets his accent as my Dad grew up in the Borders and had the accent - though not quite as thickly.

I’m writing this to see if it will help me and knowing someone will read it later ( a problem shared etc...I need a different keyboard I think as typing even on a large 5.8 phone is tricky to be exact.

Well, catch you all later - hopefully after some sleep.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-02-2018, 08:04 AM

Still awake having listened to some Peter Gabriel and Josh Ritter. The bed feels like a 3 way anchor, even the morphne being of little use - I’m not in agony though.

It’s Sunday already and I may aim to see someone frilom pastoral care, just for a chat really; my friend Jamie couldn’t find the right ward yesterday and came too early as I was not yet fully conscious from the OP. I do believe in a have hurt power, just not sure what religious or denomination.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 08:11 AM

Hope you managed to get back to sleep. At least with this diagnosis they have found it and will now be monitoring you properly going forward.

I do think they should monitor recovered cancer patients more diligently. I'm not sure what the protocol is but can only assume it's not that simple to detect some cancers.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 08:14 AM

Ah just saw that you're still awake. I bet they will be coming round with breakfast etc shortly. Do you have earplugs? I'm surprised that patients in hospital ever get any sleep with all that goes on and all the bleeping machines.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-02-2018, 08:18 AM

I know that they will take away my self-pumping morphine, the oxygen nose piece and DVT socks today so I can get out of bed, I hope,
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-02-2018, 08:22 AM

Actually AnnieS, it’s been pretty quiet only one other patient in a 4 bed bay.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 08:46 AM

You'll feel better when you're up and about Ffosse. Probably more comfortable sitting in a chair. I hope you'll be able to catch up on some sleep later.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-02-2018, 09:29 AM

You are right and I’m sitting up now, Leia, eating my muesli and prunes. Then I’ll take a shower avoiding the wound at the top of my body and the nurse says she will change the dressing.

I still feel a little jaded from lack of sleep but will try and catch up later.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
You are right and I’m sitting up now, Leia, eating my muesli and prunes. Then I’ll take a shower avoiding the wound at the top of my body and the nurse says she will change the dressing.

I still feel a little jaded from lack of sleep but will try and catch up later.
I do hope the prunes work for you too You'll feel so much better once you've had a shower and a good sleep. When my hubby was in hospital he never liked getting into bed and would just sleep on the top of it with a blanket over him. He liked sitting in a chair and going into the day room to watch TV. I'm glad you're feeling more comfortable now.

Page 11 of 276 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top