Join for free
Reply
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Cinderella's Avatar
Cinderella
Senior Member
Cinderella is offline
East Anglia,UK
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,217
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-07-2018, 03:42 PM
21

Re: Amazing Tennis match

Ladies Final to start in 20 minutes.
Reply With Quote
Mags's Avatar
Mags
Supervisor
Mags is offline
South West UK
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 37,349
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-07-2018, 03:43 PM
22

Re: Amazing Tennis match

Great tennis by both Djokovic and Nadal even though I wanted Nadal to win
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 23,166
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-07-2018, 05:38 PM
23

Re: Amazing Tennis match

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Great tennis by both Djokovic and Nadal even though I wanted Nadal to win
Me too. I've had it with Djokovic with his bulging eyes and shirt ripping antics. Hilarious when he lost it and started smashing his racket on his foot. I used to like watching him but have gone right off him.

Nadal is nuttier than ever. He has now started requesting two towels during the break and have you noticed he will not cross the white line until he has them in his hands. Plus he has added to the ears, nose, ears, shoulders, back of the pants routine, he now pulls the front of his pants when sitting down.

Sometimes he looks like a crazed psycho killer but I do like his tennis.
Reply With Quote
Mags's Avatar
Mags
Supervisor
Mags is offline
South West UK
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 37,349
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-07-2018, 06:38 PM
24

Re: Amazing Tennis match

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Me too. I've had it with Djokovic with his bulging eyes and shirt ripping antics. Hilarious when he lost it and started smashing his racket on his foot. I used to like watching him but have gone right off him.

Nadal is nuttier than ever. He has now started requesting two towels during the break and have you noticed he will not cross the white line until he has them in his hands. Plus he has added to the ears, nose, ears, shoulders, back of the pants routine, he now pulls the front of his pants when sitting down.

Sometimes he looks like a crazed psycho killer but I do like his tennis.
Nadal certainly has some bizarre rituals, they seem to be getting worse too

Djokovic's frustration or temper antics put me off him some time ago.
Reply With Quote
solo's Avatar
solo
Senior Member
solo is offline
UK
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,378
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-07-2018, 10:50 AM
25

Re: Amazing Tennis match

Is it just me or was it somewhat refreshing to see Angelique Kerber win the Ladies final against Serena Williams.

Seeing the same person win time after time does become a tad monotonous especially when their game is so predicatable
Reply With Quote
AnnieS's Avatar
AnnieS
Chatterbox
AnnieS is offline
United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 8,191
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-07-2018, 02:32 PM
26

Re: Amazing Tennis match

Well Djokovic is certainly tearing Anderson to shreds so far today.
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 23,166
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-07-2018, 05:23 PM
27

Re: Amazing Tennis match

Originally Posted by solo ->
Is it just me or was it somewhat refreshing to see Angelique Kerber win the Ladies final against Serena Williams.

Seeing the same person win time after time does become a tad monotonous especially when their game is so predicatable
Definitely. Very boring watching Williams every time and did the commentators mention she was a mother?
Reply With Quote
Muddy's Avatar
Muddy
Chatterbox
Muddy is offline
UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 18,840
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-07-2018, 05:51 PM
28

Re: Amazing Tennis match

These tennis players are all very gracious in defeat .
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.