Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 02:56 PM

Re: This is not right

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Although a fervent European, I have read today in the Times that the General European Court (a subsidiary of the ECJ) has backed the fact that MEP's do not have to prove, by receipts etc. their spending of some 4,400 euros per month expenses.

It concluded that an obligation to publish spending records would undermine MEPs’ privacy, concluding that campaigners had failed to prove publishing information was “appropriate and proportional”.

This obviously smacks of the same problem the UK had with our own MP's and leaves the EU open to ridicule by those who would wish to use it as proof of mismanagement of European tax payers funds.

When working I was always required to present proof of expenditure related to my work, and if I didn't the claim was not paid.

This in my view is, like the UK, a system failure through which, like UK MP's, MEP's would wriggle.

I shall most certainly be contacting my MEP over this matter and after checking the facts I hope you all do the same.
I am in total agreement with you. You may recall this scandal:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...penses_scandal
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Er, nope

Only in a light humorous manner

As asked, who are these people? In spite of your piqued and terse response, you haven't actually identified any

Thank you for that.

Now, please try to actually answer my question

Are you referring to individuals, small groups, growing lobbying groups, governments, opposition parties in the UK and/or Europe?

Not sure why my asking for clarification from you leads you to your spurious and to be frank, desultory and rude conclusions
The others? are the people out there who are willing to do something.
The clue is in the word 'PEOPLE'.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 05:05 PM

The others? are the people out there who are willing to do something.
The clue is in the word 'PEOPLE'.
I'm afraid he doesn't know any such people, Dex.

They live in his imagination!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

It would be useful if he could exemplify where to find "such people" rather than come out with holistic terms

Ironically, I agree with him in principle. It is a pity that his limited communication/specific exemplification abilities, coupled with his subsequent unfortunate paranoid "table manners" on here make it somewhat difficult to fight his cause on a practical level.

Silly boy
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 07:50 PM

It would be useful if he could exemplify where to find "such people" rather than come out with holistic terms

Ironically, I agree with him in principle. It is a pity that his limited communication/specific exemplification abilities, coupled with his subsequent unfortunate paranoid "table manners" on here make it somewhat difficult to fight his cause on a practical level.

Silly boy
I wonder whether 'his people' might have been found at the last Labour conference.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 12:33 AM

I wonder whether 'his people' might have been found at the last Labour conference.
Hi JBR. I guess we'll never know, largely because he doesn't seem to know (or is curiously unwilling to specify exemplar groups)

Reminds me of the opening line to one of Pink Floyds songs on The Wall - "Is there anybody out there?"
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 08:57 AM

Let me guess, I'll bet you haven't even contacted your MEP and complained about the expenses scandal. Instead like MEG with the cutting and pasting of a piece from the Telegraph you would rather sit around winging rather than doing something yourself.
What is the point in contacting an MEP's to complain, many of them as the recipients of expenses are unlikely to wish to change the stataus quo.

I have gone one better in doing 'something for myself' in voting to leave the EU so hopefully we taxpayers won't be contributing to the MEP's expenses for much longer.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by meg ->
what is the point in contacting an mep's to complain, many of them as the recipients of expenses are unlikely to wish to change the stataus quo.

I have gone one better in doing 'something for myself' in voting to leave the eu so hopefully we taxpayers won't be contributing to the mep's expenses for much longer.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 10:49 AM

And this from a person who couldn't name the countries who, he said where queuing up with free trade arrangements with the UK after brexit.
itsme
Wigan UK

01-10-2018, 10:56 AM

Silly boy
You do seem somewhat sesquipedalian in your reply and I find it also pleonasm in its content.

Don't think there was any need for the silly boy bit though.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top