Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 07:34 AM

Palestine: Demolishing Khan al-Ahmar

and Israeli authorities aim to expel 10,000 Bedouin residents from the E1 Zone, 15-square kilometres land within East Jerusalem, to make way for a series of new Jewish-only residential units linking Jerusalem to the illegal settlements, thereby cutting the West Bank into two.

the Israeli demolition team
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 09:47 AM

Re: Palestine: Demolishing Khan al-Ahmar

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
and Israeli authorities aim to expel 10,000 Bedouin residents from the E1 Zone, 15-square kilometres land within East Jerusalem, to make way for a series of new Jewish-only residential units linking Jerusalem to the illegal settlements, thereby cutting the West Bank into two.
As long as they don't start on Doncaster next.....

On second thoughts......
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
As long as they don't start on Doncaster next.....

On second thoughts......
go for a run OGF and clear ya head - it's a mess!!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 06:36 PM

Thanks, that cheered me up, I quite like the Israelis, no buggering around, they just do it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Thanks, that cheered me up, I quite like the Israelis, no buggering around, they just do it.
Yes, I admire them for that reason.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 07:35 PM

I have to agree with you on one point gentleman ... they don't bugger around. Otherwise your tally-ho logic fails me.
It's bully boy land grabbing tactics. Nothing more. which Israel are renowned for.

On September 14, the Israeli military shut down all roads leading to Khan al-Ahmar.

The Bedouin Jahalin tribe was expelled from their lands in the Naqab (Negev) desert by the Israeli military in the 1950s.

They were displaced twice more before they settled in Khan al-Ahmar, long before the illegal settlements around it existed.

Hardly something to admire ...
A military backed force which moves into land to claim it for new builds for Jewish settlements.
Most people actually buy the land they want for development.

I have to ask ... if gypsies, or some armed men moved into your garden, evicted you, claiming it as their own and starting building houses would you admire them? Cheer them on?
Something tells me you'd more likely feel a little annoyed, you might even retaliate ...or I have you totally wrong and you're actually very humanitarian and charitable at heart.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 07:38 PM

I rather like the smacked wrists given every few years to the armies of the Arab Nations. Terrorism is their only tool now, nothing that a nuclear airburst of their capital cities wouldn’t sort out though, nothing too big I hasten to add,
one or two megatons would turn them into nice car parks.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

29-09-2018, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I have to agree with you on one point gentleman ... they don't bugger around. Otherwise your tally-ho logic fails me.
It's bully boy land grabbing tactics. Nothing more. which Israel are renowned for.

On September 14, the Israeli military shut down all roads leading to Khan al-Ahmar.

The Bedouin Jahalin tribe was expelled from their lands in the Naqab (Negev) desert by the Israeli military in the 1950s.

They were displaced twice more before they settled in Khan al-Ahmar, long before the illegal settlements around it existed.

Hardly something to admire ...
A military backed force which moves into land to claim it for new builds for Jewish settlements.
Most people actually buy the land they want for development.

I have to ask ... if gypsies, or some armed men moved into your garden, evicted you, claiming it as their own and starting building houses would you admire them? Cheer them on?
Something tells me you'd more likely feel a little annoyed, you might even retaliate ...or I have you totally wrong and you're actually very humanitarian and charitable at heart.
You have run your history lesson past Jehova right?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 07:45 PM

Except ..... the Bedouin Arabs have been fighting against Isis, not alongside them.
Most notably the Tarabins, one of the largest Bedouin tribes.
And they can be brutal as Isis and have reportedly set live captive Isis fighters alight as a means of execution.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

29-09-2018, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
You have run your history lesson past Jehova right?
No, I didn't feel the need as a bit of research meant I didn't need to trouble him.
But a nice try.

So what do you really think about Israel evicting Bedouins from their lands?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top