Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 12:51 PM

Trans People - This Is Not Right!

I’ve just been reading an article about Kellie Maloney and her attempts to be known as a woman, with all that entails, such as the right to go into a women’s changing room, women’s toilets and even women’s prisons if convicted of a crime.

Now, I’m sorry to have to say this as I am sure I am committing yet another Political Correctness crime, but this borders on the ridiculous!

As it stands, in order to legally change their gender here in the UK, they have to apply for a Gender Recognition Certificate They do not need to have had surgery but must have lived for two years in their preferred gender and had a diagnosis by medical authorities of having “gender dysphoria”.

Trans people are objecting to this method because the lengthy process is invasive and demeaning.
So, some politically correct, wet-behind-the-ears liberal government officials, no doubt lobbied by action groups, suggested the way forward would be to allow individuals to self-declare the gender in which they choose to live, without the need for medical evidence or proof.

The government has actually now put this OUT TO CONSULTATION!

Now look, I have absolutely no objection to Trans people dressing and acting how they wish to, but the fact that anyone who suddenly identifies themselves as a woman - whether that is their legal status or not - can already use separate-sex facilities such as changing rooms, toilets or single-sex gyms. Okay, the law is the law.

But I strongly object to the law being further changed to allow self-declare for a man to deem himself a woman without medical consultation as being a step too far. Especially as no-one could ever dispute, if this actually becomes law, it legally allows a tiny minority with motives a much greater opportunity! And before anyone castigates me for this comment, I don’t care which group you belong to, there are low-lifes in each and every one!

Even under the Equality Act 2010 gave hospitals and prisons, to use their discretion to refuse a trans person access to single-sex services on a case to case basis.
This legislation could change all that too!!

Do you agree with this legislation? or like me, think, "To hell with your hurt feelings and paranoia over the “demeaning” medical treatment". It’s nothing that women don’t have to endure every day! But to just call yourself a woman without any of these medical safeguards, is to me, wrong in so many ways!

(photo is from the article of Kellie Maloney)

What are your views?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	_97110016_ed99e373-3741-4b7b-806f-ad037149498c.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	7446  
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 01:24 PM

Re: Trans People - This Is Not Right!

Shropshire, I fully agree with you.
Our government has more important business to deal with than succumbing to the demands of transgenders.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 01:26 PM

SG, l am sure the transgender person who l know, told me he could not use the ‘Ladies’ toilets until it was certified that he was now a woman. (This was about 15 years ago)

Many transgender people fear that they will be assaulted if they go into a ‘Gents’ toilet. They would prefer gender neutral toilets.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 01:46 PM

I agree Art.
There will be an opportunity for men who want to assault women if they dress as women to gain access to them in private but I think they would find ways to do that anyway. Assaults on women are usually carried out by " full blooded" males who would not be seen dead in a dress!
Transgenger folk just want to get on with their lives as best they can without drawing attention to themselves, naturally, to avoid abuse and discrimination.
I think the Gender Neutral toilets are the best solution with separate single cubicles with sinks in side by side.
At least then we women won't have to queue like we do now!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 01:55 PM

Is it going to be alright for a woman to declare herself a man on the same terms?
Personally I have no strong feelings one way or another. If a transgender person came into the women's loo it would not matter to me as I would go into a cubicle. Similarly I don't think I would worry if I was in a changing room, particularly if there was the privacy of cubicles. I would not think that anyone who goes through the emotional turmoil and trouble of becoming a transgender female would act inappropriately with a woman anyway. Live and let live I think. I would not wish to make things uncomfortable for anyone. I could see that things might be more difficult for a woman who transgenders to a male.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 01:57 PM

They will keep pushing because they can, nothing to do with equality all about superiority. Too many concessions already, this preferential treament is discriminatory to the majority.

This in-your-face attitude is deliberately confrontational, weak government will give in. Imo
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
They will keep pushing because they can, nothing to do with equality all about superiority. Too many concessions already, this preferential treament is discriminatory to the majority.

This in-your-face attitude is deliberately confrontational, weak government will give in. Imo

Why would someone who is transgender think they are superior?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I’ve just been reading an article about Kellie Maloney and her attempts to be known as a woman, with all that entails, such as the right to go into a women’s changing room, women’s toilets and even women’s prisons if convicted of a crime.

Now, I’m sorry to have to say this as I am sure I am committing yet another Political Correctness crime, but this borders on the ridiculous!
As I understand it, many swimming pools now have 'muslim women only' days where they can remove their mediaeval constumes in order not to be see by those nasty men.

It occurs to me to ask, how would they react if a 'transsexual woman' were to go along and demand the same freedoms?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
As I understand it, many swimming pools now have 'muslim women only' days where they can remove their mediaeval constumes in order not to be see by those nasty men.

It occurs to me to ask, how would they react if a 'transsexual woman' were to go along and demand the same freedoms?
No idea how it would work with Muslims ( is this thread about Muslims?) ... but clearly some slipped under the radar. Perhaps different countries deal with things differently.

Eight of Iran's women's football team 'are men'
Iran's football association accused of being 'unethical' after it is claimed eight players in women's national team are men awaiting sex change operations.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 04:45 PM

Fair points made by all, however, I still maintain that if a man wishes to be a woman and a woman wishes to become a man with the bodies that God originally gave them, then they should be fully prepared to go through the medical supervision which must surely include vital Counselling, especially for those who are seeking chest reconstruction and irreversable phalloplasty, it's just too important a decision for them to complain of it being "humiliating and demeaning". I've never heard such crap!

If they do not wish to have the 2 year medical supervision which is currently required at present, then they should never be allowed the certificate at all! Just continue cross-dressing because that is what they are doing.

To my mind, anyone not prepared to go through with what is necessary for their transition (because it is "humiliating and demeaning) are certainly not mature or mentally fit to go ahead with what may well be the most important decision of their lives. They should be prepared and thankful to go through any type of medical procedures deemed necessary to be declared, mentally and physically fit and competent to proceed with reconstruction. Why complain about 2 years out of many of their lives when many of them say they knew they were in the wrong body from when they were small children.

It seems to me, they want a transformation without any thought of the consequences of their decision.

It makes me angry on behalf of those sincere trans people, prepared to go through whatever it takes to fulfil their dream of being what they always knew they were. All my respect goes to them.

I don't have time for those whinging about their delicate selves.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top