Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 09:34 PM

Re: UK Referendum on Scottish Independence

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Can I try to get pack on topic by quoting the following.
“Let me be clear:nobody, not me, not anyone is expecting the SNP to give up on independence. That’s what it believes in and it is a perfectly honourable position to take.”
That was Ruth Davidson in June 2017.
You left out an important part of Ruth's speech weedeek. Just to make it clearer what Ruth was trying to say:-

“Let me be clear: nobody, not me, not anyone, is expecting the SNP to give up on independence. That is what it believes in and it is a perfectly honourable position to take. What people do expect is that, right now, the SNP gives Scotland a break. Simply put, Scotland has had its fill.

“We need to focus on the challenges we face on education, on NHS funding, on the new tax and welfare powers – as well as the huge challenge of Brexit.

“Nobody will condemn the First Minister if she now decides to re-set her course. This is her opportunity to do so - and I urge her to take it immediately. She must take it off the table.”
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
You left out an important part of Ruth's speech weedeek. Just to make it clearer what Ruth was trying to say:-

“Let me be clear: nobody, not me, not anyone, is expecting the SNP to give up on independence. That is what it believes in and it is a perfectly honourable position to take. What people do expect is that, right now, the SNP gives Scotland a break. Simply put, Scotland has had its fill.

“We need to focus on the challenges we face on education, on NHS funding, on the new tax and welfare powers – as well as the huge challenge of Brexit.

“Nobody will condemn the First Minister if she now decides to re-set her course. This is her opportunity to do so - and I urge her to take it immediately. She must take it off the table.”

No, YOU don't want a referendum, but that doesn't mean others don't. Typical 'nasty party' selfishness, 'I'm all right jack, pull up the ladder'.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No, YOU don't want a referendum, but that doesn't mean others don't. Typical 'nasty party' selfishness, 'I'm all right jack, pull up the ladder'.
UJ... Nicola Sturgeon knows if she held a second referendum now she would lose. That is why she is waiting to see if she can use Brexit to gather more support. Post no 69# was a small selective segment from Ruth Davidson's speech after the SNP's setback at the last UK election.

https://www.ft.com/content/3bc5642e-...a-1e14ce4af89b

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top