Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 08:06 AM

Re: Arthritis pain

I do take Co-Codamol prescribed by my Doctor and I do sometimes where a support brace.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 10:23 AM

Hi Susie,I too have osteo arthritis in most of My joints & spine after an accident 40 yrs ago,I refused to let Them operate so I was put on traction then 18 months in rehab' to learn to stand up straight and walk properly again..I had all the pain killers You could mention but they did My head in and gave Me nightmares,so I practice what I learned at the rehab' centre,stretching exercises every morning without fail,a 10 min' stint on recumbent ex' bike,10 min's on treadmill..I had a total knee replacement which left Me with hellish nerve pain...I can't sit for long as My back hurts,so if watching tv etc' I lie on sofa lounger propped up with large cushions...keep moving/walking and make stretching and light exercise a habit You automatically do every day...good luck,x

Ps,co codamol made Me vomit and cbd oil was just a waste of money,
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I take Naproxen for my sciatica.
It is an excellent pain killer.
Well done Roxy I forgot about that.
I'll have to try that myself. About a week ago, I got a shocking, stabbing pain down my left side, right down to my foot. The doctor gave me a box of Co-codamol (500mgs), plus some patches, and laxative powders, as constipation kicks in. There is little change in my condition. So I might try Naproxen. My situation came about carrying a hefty 4 year old up a hill on my shoulders. Not a good idea guys!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 07:27 PM

***** Off topic posts have been removed.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 07:07 PM

I have a cure-all for all kinds of pain...........a hot tub - 40 degrees of bliss...........have a glass of wine to go with it...............bit pricey but it certainly used to work for me!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 08:57 PM

My GP has just prescribed me the equivalent of Voltoral Gel as my stomach just isn't coping with Naproxen. It does help ease the pain
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 09:53 PM

I have arthritis in my knees, which turns out to be caused by my over-active immune system setting off psoriasis patches on my legs which then crossed the skin boundary into my knee joints. I didn't even know that could happen! I have just started Methotrexate, once per week, which will hopefully beat my immune system into submission, so to speak. Fingers crossed!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I take painkillers for my pain Susie.

It's not arthritis but bursitis in my thigh - but pain is pain.

The pain is unbelievable and sometimes my leg seizes up & won't move.

If I want day out enjoying myself without pain this is what I take.

2 x Gabapentin 300 mg.
2 x Ibuprofen
2 x Paracetamol.
2. codeine 30mg.
I x Omeprozole to protect my tummy.

Four times a day. Max dose 32 tablets.

I've tried everything. Acupuncture. Ultra sound. Laser therapy. Tens machine. All the 'natural' pain cures I know about but I don't believe in any now.

Only high dose of pain killers work for me.
Wow Carol. Your stomach lining must be frazzled.
That’s a lot of medicine
I’m in agreement with keeping mobile
I use cayenne pepper ointment , some cannabis or turmeric if pain is very bad. My tailbone was badly broken and never healed right so I have had a bad back for years now but doing yoga has helped more than anything. Epsom salts baths are wonderful for sore backs. The best shoes you can afford. A good pair of shoes make a huge difference and like others have said, if your back is out of alignment then everything else is also.

I hope you all find the relief you are looking for. Back pain can be brutal.

Note: my post in no way was meant as criticism. My stomach can’t handle conventional pain medication as it’s far too harsh for me. I couldn’t even keep it down which is why I HAVE to go with alternative methods. I was merely empathizing with you .
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I take painkillers for my pain Susie.

It's not arthritis but bursitis in my thigh - but pain is pain.

The pain is unbelievable and sometimes my leg seizes up & won't move.

If I want day out enjoying myself without pain this is what I take.

2 x Gabapentin 300 mg.
2 x Ibuprofen
2 x Paracetamol.
2. codeine 30mg.
I x Omeprozole to protect my tummy.

Four times a day. Max dose 32 tablets.

I've tried everything. Acupuncture. Ultra sound. Laser therapy. Tens machine. All the 'natural' pain cures I know about but I don't believe in any now.

Only high dose of pain killers work for me.
I hear you Carol........and I say go ahead and take what you need to keep mobile and enjoy your life......I do as well, as I don't want to be all crippled up and can't even go out and enjoy myself sometimes.....

Unless people have experienced "bad" pain, they wouldn't understand. Natural meds don't work if your pain is severe. If I could be pain free by just taking a bath with salts, that would be great....but the pain is too bad, and there is nothing natural that would help........

I am sure you are taking something to protect your tummy, and like me, are probably drinking lots of water to protect our intestines....it is tough when you need so much medications, but I believe that sometimes there is just no other way......
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Has any one got any Home Remedies for Arthritis pains. My Spine is killing me, have trouble when I get out of bed in straightening myself up, my foot and ankle and my Arm.

I have been taking Glucosamine Chondroitin and Cod Liver Oil tablets for some time now, but doesn't seem to have improved.

I also use Rapid heat on my body.

Any other suggestions for me please, all welcomed.
My post above was mainly for you Susie as you specifically asked for suggestions on home remedies for pain management.

I wasn’t suggesting that one salt bath will do wonders. I was saying that the things I offered used in conjunction with cannabis which is illegal where you live, work incredibly well.

Doing these things together really make a difference in MY pain which was WHAT you were ASKING!

And natural meds most certainly DO work for severe pain.
People need to realize that conventional medicine also weakens the immune system meaning you are also making your body weaker and sicker as well as creating a tolerance to them so you need more to do the same job.

My natural medicine works incredibly well

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top