Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 10:11 AM

Re: Back Pain.

There is an alternative to ibuprofen gel. When I was knocked to the ground by dogs a few months ago I ended up seeing a GP as it wasn’t getting better, and she prescribed Movelat. Active ingredients are mucopolysaccharide polysulfate (MPS) and salicylic acid.

Having to use it atm as I’ve pulled my neck and am in agony too. I wish you well.
PamM
UK
PamM is female 

20-10-2018, 10:38 AM

My mum suffers from back ache and I bought her a heated cushion. It plugs in and works like an electric blanket and costs pennies to run.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->

I also agree with Mups. Chiropractors are specialized back doctors who have both conventional training AND holistic training. Best of both worlds.

I spent £200 on a Chiropractor before I realised they were taking my money but not making me feel any better.

I suppose there are some good ones but not all...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I spent £200 on a Chiropractor before I realised they were taking my money but not making me feel any better.

I remember you posting about that Carol. You had a bad 'un there unfortunately.

Maybe I am lucky with my lady, but I know there are good and bad in every profession.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I remember you posting about that Carol. You had a bad 'un there unfortunately.

Maybe I am lucky with my lady, but I know there are good and bad in every profession.
That’s unfortunate Carol. There certainly are good and not so good in every profession. I’ve had some exceptionally good ones but I have also had one that was not so great.

A good chiropractor knows when to make an adjustment and when not to touch it. With pain there is always inflammation. Some injuries are too inflamed to have an adjustment made; at least that’s what the good chiropractors say.

Also often a back adjustment DOES feel worst at first because all the muscles are ligaments are mal-adjustedly locked into
place. Once an adjustment is made, it takes time for those same muscles and ligaments to settle back into place again so it can feel worse for a while. Many people don’t consider this.

Plus the sound the back makes while being adjusted can scare some people which makes them tense up. A good chiropractor should explain that the sound is just air between the vertebrae
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
There is an alternative to ibuprofen gel. When I was knocked to the ground by dogs a few months ago I ended up seeing a GP as it wasn’t getting better, and she prescribed Movelat. Active ingredients are mucopolysaccharide polysulfate (MPS) and salicylic acid.

Having to use it atm as I’ve pulled my neck and am in agony too. I wish you well.
I've got a rule Jazzi.....
I never take anything I can't pronounce.....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I've got a rule Jazzi.....
I never take anything I can't pronounce.....
Shame, as it’s quite effective!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Shame, as it’s quite effective!
Only joking Jazzi, if the pain gets too bad I would sell my soul to the devil......Come to think of it.......
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 07:40 AM

Hi

It is slowly improving, kept mobile as you advised, but so painful.

It really hurts when I cough.

I am pottering about, but doing anything meaningful is out of the question at the moment.

Thanks for all the advice, I have ordered one of those heat wraps, as heat does help.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top