Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 10:07 AM

Re: I have finally signed up to Netflicks

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks summer. It's nice to know I made the right decision as to which one to go with. Will also make a note of 'Kingdom'.
With Prime it got so anything worth watching cost extra and I resented that...I miss alexa though
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
With Prime it got so anything worth watching cost extra and I resented that...I miss alexa though
Yes, that was one of the things that put me off Prime. I do think Netflicks is extremely good value at £5.99 per month. I have been putting it off to be honest but it has got to the stage now where if you want to watch anything decent on TV, you need to ditch the main channels. Plus of course, normal TV seems to be more about the advertising than the programmes.

Can I ask if you have a smart TV summer, or do you stream via your laptop?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 07:15 PM

Yes, that was one of the things that put me off Prime. I do think Netflicks is extremely good value at £5.99 per month. I have been putting it off to be honest but it has got to the stage now where if you want to watch anything decent on TV, you need to ditch the main channels. Plus of course, normal TV seems to be more about the advertising than the programmes.

Can I ask if you have a smart TV summer, or do you stream via your laptop?

I have a smart TV but I only bought it a few weeks ago so I'm still getting used to it. I had a little box before that my son bought it for me and it meant I had Prime and Netflix through the little box direct to my TV.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 08:13 PM

I just go to Pirate Bay and down load any film for nothing.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->

I just use a Kodi and stream anything I want to watch
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 09:35 PM

Do you get other streaming services there Bratti?
Unfortunately no. We live in a very rural area ( near Mennonites) where high speed internet isn’t available and without high speed , live streaming isn’t possible.

The only reason I can get online here is because my phone internet is good, otherwise I wouldn’t even get online
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 10:55 AM

Apparently, you can "cast" NetFlix to your TV.

With Chromecast, you can easily enjoy your favourite films, TV shows, photos and websites from YouTube, Google Play, Chrome and more on your TV. Choose from over 200,000 TV shows and films, 30 million songs, plus radio, sports, games and more.

Chromecast works with devices that you already own, including Android smartphones and tablets iPhones and iPads, Windows and Mac laptops and Pixelbook. And there's no remote required. Browse for entertainment, control playback, and adjust volume using the smartphone, tablet or laptop that you know and love.

To connect your Chromecast to your Netflix account, make sure you have connected your Chromecast to your TV and Wi-Fi network, then follow the steps below. Your mobile device or computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast. For information or assistance connecting your Chromecast to your TV and/or Wi-Fi network, see support.google.com/chromecast.
Launch the Netflix app on your Android or Apple mobile device, or visit the Netflix website from your Chrome browser.

Once you’re signed in, select the Cast netflix cast icon icon from the upper right or lower right side of the screen.

Select your Chromecast from the list of available devices to launch the Netflix app on your TV.

Select a TV show or movie to watch and press Play.

Your device is now connected to your Netflix account. Enjoy!
I've had Chromecast for a couple of years - cheap, easy to setup and use - any type of video from (almost) any source can be "cast", wirelessly, to (almost) any sort of TV .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-10-2018, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Apparently, you can "cast" NetFlix to your TV.

I've had Chromecast for a couple of years - cheap, easy to setup and use - any type of video from (almost) any source can be "cast", wirelessly, to (almost) any sort of TV .....
Thanks Omah, I will definitely look into that. I bought a longer HDMI cable but didn't realise it was braided so it sticks up from the floor and the cats attack it.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 11:19 AM

Thanks Omah, I will definitely look into that. I bought a longer HDMI cable but didn't realise it was braided so it sticks up from the floor and the cats attack it.
Computer operating system (OS) requirements

Setting up Chromecast requires a Wi-fi connected computer/laptop running:
  • Mac OS X 10.9 and higher with Chrome browser
  • Windows 7 and higher with Chrome browser
  • Chrome OS device

Google Chromecast (2018) £30.00

https://www.johnlewis.com/google-chr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top