Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 12:03 PM

Re: Which Camera?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Panasonics don't seem bad for the price my G16 has digital zoom but I have it turned off. Apart from anything else I rarely need it. Panasonic seem to offer incredible value for money compared to brands like Sony.

I do like the 4K video because it opens up a whole new field of still photos too.

Canon is very lax when it comes to innovation, in fact, the reason I changed from a G10 to a G16 was that the latter finally had HD video, the G10 was still using VGA. The current crop of Canons only boast HD whereas Sony, Nikon and Panasonic offer 4K and the advantages that brings.

I am hoping that by waiting the next incarnation of the Canon G5 has 4K when I will be happy to buy it.
As I said above, I am not technologically minded, can't understand any of it with regard to cameras, so my little point & shoot is fine for me. I am happy just taking snaps.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 11:50 AM

Thanks for all your help with this.

Nikons are out I am not impressed with them at all. Not very compact for a start.

It really has come down to a toss up between the Panasonic Lumix LX10 and the TZ110 and I really cannot make up my mind so am still procrastinating.

The Sony RX100 V did get a serious look in but the price is really outrageous in my opinion nearly twice the price of the LX10 but with almost identical features

I would like to decide soon but each has advantages which suit me. Will let you know.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 12:57 PM

Thanks for all your help with this.

Nikons are out I am not impressed with them at all. Not very compact for a start.

It really has come down to a toss up between the Panasonic Lumix LX10 and the TZ110 and I really cannot make up my mind so am still procrastinating.

The Sony RX100 V did get a serious look in but the price is really outrageous in my opinion nearly twice the price of the LX10 but with almost identical features

I would like to decide soon but each has advantages which suit me. Will let you know.
Good luck choosing Bruce.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 03:16 PM

a toss up between the Panasonic Lumix LX10 and the TZ110
Two nice cameras but ...

from all you've said Bruce, I'm a little surprised you're going for a pocket camera.

Get something a little less pocket-able and you could have an interchangeable lens camera with a fourthirds sensor.

ie. Lumix GX

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Two nice cameras but ...

from all you've said Bruce, I'm a little surprised you're going for a pocket camera.

Get something a little less pocket-able and you could have an interchangeable lens camera with a fourthirds sensor.

ie. Lumix GX

I definitely want something pocketable my days of lugging a camera and lens around are long gone. Bulky cameras are a bloody nuisance dangling around your neck or having to be carried, unless you are making a living out of your photos I can't see the point. A reasonable pocket camera is all we happy snappers need.

Let's face it how many professional broadcasters use an iPhone as a recorder, movie and still camera?

No, my difficulty is merely deciding between the two cameras to keep as a second/backup camera. As far as I am concerned the day I first bought a decent compact camera was an epiphany.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 09:15 AM

£299 inc 12-32mm lens ... (that's 24-64 equivalent)

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

28-10-2018, 11:22 PM

I like that.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

29-10-2018, 12:05 AM

f3.5? - not really... and again I don't want to buy or lug about lenses. Any interchangeable lens is going to add bulk.

I am pretty convinced that for a second camera it is a toss up between the LX10 and the TZ110. I will decide this week. I am going to Sydney today to attend a two day conference so I might pop into a couple of camera stores to browse and try those and other cameras.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

29-10-2018, 12:10 AM

f3.5? - not really... and again I don't want to buy or lug about lenses. Any interchangeable lens is going to add bulk.

I am pretty convinced that for a second camera it is a toss up between the LX10 and the TZ110. I will decide this week. I am going to Sydney today to attend a two day conference so I might pop into a couple of camera stores to browse and try those and other cameras.
I like it, but like you I prefer the TZ's
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

29-10-2018, 09:11 AM

Swish little promo vid* isn't it!

At £299, keenly priced, it comes in pink too!

*I've watched it a dozen times

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top