Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 04:55 PM

Re: Which Camera?

Hope you get one you like and suits your requirements.

As an amateur, I'm more than happy with the camera on my phone.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Hope you get one you like and suits your requirements.

As an amateur, I'm more than happy with the camera on my phone.
There's a lot to be said for your phone's camera. On my recent holiday I took an old Olympus camera but ended up using my phone for the majority of my photos because the technology in the phone was far better than that in my old Olympus. If I wasn't such a hoarder the Olympus would be in the bin.

Phones are fine but they have limitations in low light and difficult situations especially when driving in this country/state as, while the engine is running, you are not allowed to touch your phone for any purpose, anyway I just prefer using a camera but I am not after anything posh as you can see.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:01 PM

Have you though about a camcorder instead? they are small enough to fit in a pocket but can do so much more than a stills camera
this one of mine is one of the larger ones, you can get them a lot smaller now

The porch repair project photo was quickly taken with it as well of a lot of the videos I have previously posted on here
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Have you though about a camcorder instead? they are small enough to fit in a pocket but can do so much more than a stills camera
this one of mine is one of the larger ones, you can get them a lot smaller now

The porch repair project photo was quickly taken with it as well of a lot of the videos I have previously posted on here
It's an idea but how many do I need?

...and that doesn't include two dash cams. I disagree that they can do more than a still camera but I am definitely getting a still camera with 4K video.

To be honest I rarely use my video cameras though, coincidentally, I used one of them only yesterday to film myself putting up an awning and a gazebo just to see if there was a better way.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010046.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	7859  
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:28 PM

oh well just a thought . At the end of the day you have to get what suits you.
There is no camera on the market that is a fit for all

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top