Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:47 AM

Re: European Union arms embargo on Saudi Arabia

[QUOTE=Barry;1552959]
Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

I so love how you would risk so many livelihoods on your point of principle, so where were your principles when your hero Joe Stalin was murdering millions of his own citizens? Hypocrite....
Josef Stalin died in 1953 - I was five years old !!!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=Uncle Joe;1552964]
Originally Posted by Barry ->

Josef Stalin died in 1953 - I was five years old !!!
Certainly hasn't stopped him being your idol, and quite obviously your main role model too...
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:56 AM

[QUOTE=Barry;1552959]

I so love how you would risk so many livelihoods on your point of principle, so where were your principles when your hero Joe Stalin was murdering millions of his own citizens? Hypocrite....
How silly of you Barry, did you not know, right wing bad, left wing good?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 11:06 AM

We are selling arms to a regime that is bombing it's neighbour out of existance, starving them into submission. Argument seems to be if we stopped others would carry on, but is that really what we are, what we want to be ? It's not what I want us to be.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 11:19 AM

That is the very point Julie. If we stopped, nothing is going to close down a multibillion dollar industry. So wars will always continue, and sides will be taken. It keeps our home fires burning .
I suppose we can only hope that someone doesn't send their missiles over this way, as happens in so many places that we never even hear about.
I think we have to have arms, but to create wars to use them and thus increasing the sales of such , is abhorrent. Is this why US and UK are always embedded somewhere on the military fronts, keeping the wars ticking over for donkey's years.. and therefore keeping the industry going , to get us all out of a recession ?
If that is so, more worrying time to follow, due to the forecast of another recession being on the cards.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 01:02 PM

[QUOTE=Uncle Joe;1552917]
Originally Posted by Barry ->
Have I missed something here? Khasshogi wasn't apparently slain by a £100m Typhoon fighter, so how is a ban on selling them to Saudi going to stop a repeat?

Like it or not Saudi Arabia is a very important ally to the West, and is of paramount importance to curbing the ambitions of such as Iran and Syria, so alienating such an important relationship over their domestic arrangements would be futile and ultimately self defeating in political terms, as well as endangering thousands of well paid and highly skilled jobs here in the UK, which seems to be of little importanceto you.

Pragmatism must trump principle sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Bloody typical scumbag 'nasty party' philosophy - money ahead of any principles whatsoever!!!
SA is the biggest buyer of are world wide arms sales

Its thought that up to 24k workers would loses their jobs if we stopped selling to SA.

That UJ should not make you happy as you claim that you are defender of and for the British workers.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 01:20 PM

[QUOTE=galty;1553072]

SA is the biggest buyer of are world wide arms sales

Its thought that up to 24k workers would loses their jobs if we stopped selling to SA.

That UJ should not make you happy as you claim that you are defender of and for the British workers.

I have never said ban altogether, but it is entirely possible to SUSPEND ** arms sales

** Dictionary definition: temporarily prevent from continuing or being in force or effect.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 01:46 PM

[QUOTE=Uncle Joe;1553103]
Originally Posted by galty ->

I have never said ban altogether, but it is entirely possible to SUSPEND ** arms sales

** Dictionary definition: temporarily prevent from continuing or being in force or effect.
So that's all right then its only estimated that 24k will lose their jobs

Thrown out off their jobs and have to go on benefits unless they can find another job till as you call but the but their jobs and destroyed as are their dreams and their hopes (which means IF it was lifted at a later time after the damaged is done to are British workers) you would still sneer at its lifting
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 04:06 PM

And which method did they use???
Ask the Turks .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 04:07 PM

[QUOTE=galty;1553162]

So that's all right then its only estimated that 24k will lose their jobs

Thrown out off their jobs and have to go on benefits unless they can find another job till as you call but the but their jobs and destroyed as are their dreams and their hopes (which means IF it was lifted at a later time after the damaged is done to are British workers) you would still sneer at its lifting
Absolutely .
It's easy to be socially minded when it's not your livelihood on the line .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top