Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 11:05 AM

Re: Windows Media Player

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
mart those are the ones I have as well
I saw that you had them just before your edit. Well, that's two recommendations for those speakers. I got them for a laptop computer that has weak and tinny sound.

I've got an old Labtec speaker system for the main Desktop computer. It has two small speakers and a large powered sub-woofer. I get good quality sound from them.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 11:20 AM

The Creative Inspire T10 Multimedia Speakers should do the job but you are only getting 5 watts per channel which is not particularly loud.
It really depends on how loud you want, the higher the W rating the louder they will be.
But of course as speakers get louder the cheapo speakers will distort the sound so it does pay to do a bit of research. I bought Microlabs SOLO6c as I do like decent sound when PC gaming.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Powered (amplified) speakers are probably what's needed. I bought these from Amazon a while ago and the sound is pretty good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-In.../dp/B000WQIKJ0
Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Mart those are the ones I have as well. Even got a spare pair

Originally Posted by mart ->
I saw that you had them just before your edit. Well, that's two recommendations for those speakers.
Make that THREE .....

In 2011, I'd just bought an expensive laptop and the sound was awful. Which magazine nominated the T10's as a Best Buy so I bought a pair from Amazon. I was suitably impressed and have never replaced them, despite aquiring newer PCs.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 12:28 PM

An alternative to powered speakers, LL, would be headphones or earphones. Have you tried some?
I have found that built-in laptop speakers are usually not very good, but headphones are far better.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
don't you see other options?

>Open Sound Settings

>Troubleshoot Sound Problems
Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Adjust system volume (highest possible already set). All options are the same as the sound icon on the taskbar.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Make that THREE .....

In 2011, I'd just bought an expensive laptop and the sound was awful. Which magazine nominated the T10's as a Best Buy so I bought a pair from Amazon. I was suitably impressed and have never replaced them, despite aquiring newer PCs.
Before I buy those, I have a couple of speakers for my desktop........will see if I can plug them into the laptop somehow!
Lindyloo
isle of wight

29-10-2018, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
An alternative to powered speakers, LL, would be headphones or earphones. Have you tried some?
I have found that built-in laptop speakers are usually not very good, but headphones are far better.
I have some great headphones but want to play the recordings on my laptop - for more than one person - and to highlight certain parts on the piano at the same time........so headphones won't do the job. Thanks anyway
Lindyloo
isle of wight

29-10-2018, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Before I buy those, I have a couple of speakers for my desktop........will see if I can plug them into the laptop somehow!
Brilliant! They increase the volume massively.

Thanks for all your help.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 06:10 PM

I've got to say that I've never had loudness problems with any of my computers.

But my current MacBook probably has the best speakers I've had.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top