Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 11:29 PM

Selling children

BBC four.
The trafficking of children in India .
Groups of actists trying to rescue children are hampered by the police who largely blame the victim .
Children are sold as slaves for households brick yards or into sexual slavery .
These children come from the families of the very poor or the lower castes .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 11:42 PM

Re: Selling children

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
BBC four.
The trafficking of children in India .
Groups of actists trying to rescue children are hampered by the police who largely blame the victim .
Children are sold as slaves for households brick yards or into sexual slavery .
These children come from the families of the very poor or the lower castes .
Very sad state of affairs. You have to wonder why they continue to procreate when they can't support their offspring.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 11:17 AM

Muddy, l don’t think l would want to watch it. Not because l have my head in the sand, I just find the cruel things that happen to people and animals too harrowing.
Worse, even with all the rescue work, it will still continue.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Muddy, l don’t think l would want to watch it. Not because l have my head in the sand, I just find the cruel things that happen to people and animals too harrowing.
Worse, even with all the rescue work, it will still continue.
I'm with you on that one. I find the adverts pleading for money to stop children going hungry or blind very harrowing to watch. The same goes for the animals charities.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 06:31 AM

Yes I'm the same... I know it goes on I don't ignore it but watching just preys on my mind.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 07:58 AM

These families are often desperately poor, and sometimes give up their children for money just for the family to survive or to give them what they hope is a better future as "maids" or factory workers. I'm sure the parents don't know they will end up as prostitutes or slaves. Although the traffickers are despicable, they too are probably poor and see it as a way to make a better life for themselves.

It's easy to judge from our perspective over here, but I don't believe it's simply good versus evil - although for the children of course it's a terrible future and very sad to see young kids doing hard manual work on the streets. I've been to India and it's a common sight..

I also don't understand why contraception isn't widely taught, and why the poorest people seem to produce the largest number of children.

Saw a programme last week about a 30 stone 11 yr old Indonesian lad whose family constantly feed him, in order (so it seemed) to make him a celebrity and thus receive gifts and money to improve their lives. The mindset is unbelievable.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 08:10 AM

I think it would be better if contraception wa s handed out free .
Although is probaby a cultural and religious no no.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think it would be better if contraception wa s handed out free .
Although is probaby a cultural and religious no no.
Exactly.
I know it exists but would rather not know.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top